How do you get white socks to stay white?

Elli21

Reaction score
My daughter has white socks for school.

But the thing is, even if she has new socks on they come back to me dirty and the bit that goes under her foot is a murky grey colour.

Ive tried to soak them in bleach, and then wash on a 90 wash, but im waiting to see how they come out...

Any tips?

My DH's whites are always grubby, I've tried stain removers and I have started to use vanish in my white washes but I am not seeing much of an improvement.
Would be interesting to see what other people come up with and how your bleach and boil technique works (can't use this on his T-shirts though they'll come out action man sized!).
x

If you use all cotton socks then bleaching and boiling will work just fine (that includes cotton T shirts etc) :thumbup: Using Biological washing powder will also make a difference.

But if the socks are a cotton / nylon mix then the bleaching will eventually destroy the elastic which helps them stay up :( So it's better to use a product like Glo-white which is meant for net curtains :flower:

The socks didnt come out very clean form the bleaching and boiling, but they are alot cleaner...

Going to look into that Glo-White, someone else mentioned that too :)

I can never get my daughters white school socks completely clean :nope:
I just replace them more often :haha:

Ive never found a way, I just have to bin em and buy more.

I went out this morning and bought her some new ones...my son will be having grey school socks, so at least its just hers to keep replacing :lol:

i was gonna say net curtain whitener
i but my dd's form pound shop £1 for 3 pairs:thumbup: they are good quality too

Oooo i never thought to look in there for socks!
Ive got one in the next town.

I went to sainsburys and at £5 for 4 pairs, i thought it was pretty steep!

i just buy new ones from primark when they go all grey :haha:

they dont always have them but they seem to come back in stock regularly
n i always grab some when they do, theres 1 frilly pair n 2 with a little bow on the side our 99p shop sometimes have them to
ive got some nice baby socks in there too

Bio powder and a scoop of the vanish powder in the wash keeps ours ok. I don't use bio for Lizzie's things at the mo, but most of her socks end up being pulled off!

ariel bio usually works fairly well! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->