How do you heat up food when out and about?

Lety

Reaction score
I'm just starting batch cooking and would like to take portions out with me for LOs lunch etc. So how do you go about warming things up if you're in town for example not at somebody's house?

Some child friendly places like soft play places & the odd other place (like my local Tesco cafe) have a microwave solely for warming baby food. But a lot of places are funny about hearing food up for you but will give you a jug of hot water. When my LO was on fruit/veg purées I'd put them in pots with lids & warm them up in the jugs I could get. Now he's on stage 2 I wouldn't like to do it with my home made stuff in freezer as I'd worry about the neat being heated properly so I now take Ella's pouches out with me & they're easier to warm in warm water because the pouch heats up quite quickly.

I second on taking a pouch or jar out purely cus of the heating. Plus if there is no where to heat they can eat it at room temp straight from the pouch/jar. I've never taken one of our homemade dinners out purely cus of this reason.

Thank you for your replies! I think this is what most people must do, I just wanted to avoid jars.

We used to take a thermos with hot water with us to heat LO's food when she had small portions. Now she eats loads and heating up with hot water is just not an option. We now use Heinz Dinners that you just add hot water to. It's very easy and LO loves it. I wouldn't recommend you use them everyday but occasionally is just fine :) x

I used to really struggle when out and about, because some places can be so funny about heating baby food and I was always worried in case it wasn't heated properly. I bought one of those thermos things that's like a flask but shorter and wider (if you have a Home Bargains where you live, that's where I got it) and you just heat the food at home then put it in there and it stays the same temperature as you heat it to.

After a while though, I started using pouches any time we're out, as it's very rare that we are out over a mealtime (and not at someone's house!) - saves carrying dishes etc then bringing dirty dishes home.

Hope this helps.

xx

if im going to be out somewhere but know im not going to be stopping somewhere were il be eating i give LO a sandwich for lunch and fruit for after ill either use fruit pouches or pots or fresh fruit. :D

most restaurants serve tea, I ask for hot water and an empty bowl. I put the hot water in the bowl and set my baby's food in the bowl. warm in no time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->