How do you keep from getting frustrated with TTC?

EBAUERHAUS

2 baby boys!
Reaction score
I haven't even been trying for 6 months and I'm already struggling with frustration because it feels like failure, I guess? It's in my nature, I feel like if I'm doing something right I shouldn't be failing. I used to cry when I got anything less than 100% on a test in school...

I know there are people who have been trying for so much longer than me, so this isn't particularly a complaint. I just want to know how you guys cope with the disappointment.

I have just been telling myself that if I keep trying, I'll eventually get there, but I know that's not always going to be an easy mindset to stay in.

I can't really offer advice as I'm first cycle on ttc but just want to send you a big hug

We only agreed to try 3 cycles ago (on 3rd cycle TWW) ... but I spent 6 years trying to convince OH to even get to this point so after the first cycle of not getting that BFP and the second cycle of not even being able to try I’ve felt like completely losing my mind already. I honestly don’t know how I will cope if I have to go through months and months of this... this past month I decided to just try and forget about the whole “am I or aren’t I” and trying to focus on other things... work, joining the gym... just keeping busy! Anything to remove my focus of getting pregnant! It’s getting harder mind... the closer I get to being able to test this month!!

Tell me about it! It’s beyond frustrating. The tww is annoying. Every time af arrives, it’s terrible but then our hope increases around ovulation. The cycle continues. I guess patience is the only solution. There are so many of us in the same boat.

Dont put too much pressure on yourself is the first thing I am going to say. Try and relax. Easier said than done I know.

Agree with Maple try and focus on other things don’t let TTC take over . Enjoy your day to day life.

The days upto AF seeing a BFN are so annoying !!

Good luck

Tell me about it! It’s beyond frustrating. The tww is annoying. Every time af arrives, it’s terrible but then our hope increases around ovulation. The cycle continues. I guess patience is the only solution. There are so many of us in the same boat.

The TWW really is annoying! The whole month is annoying! I tend to feel positive while trying and when ovulation is occurring... then hopeful... and then I start to feel a bit negative like “there’s no way I’m preg. Why would something that amazing happen to me?” .... then I think I’m having symptoms so start to feel positive again... then negative... it’s one massive horrible roller coaster ride!! Feel like ripping my hair out :wacko:

Thanks all for your responses.
I agree that focusing on other things will be my salvation. I'd like to get to the point that I don't even think about my period until I'm like oh wait wasn't that supposed to start last week?? Haha! But I'm too focused for that.

I have heard it's not good to make sex seem like a chore when TTC, so I try my best to be lighthearted and not worry about the outcome while we're still dancing.

Its HARD!!, We were TTC for over 6 years for our first and had to have IVF, every single month was a kick in the teeth and it only got harder and harder.

We are back TTC again, its only cycle 2 and already feel the frustration and disappointment coming into play!.

I suppose we just have to hope that this part of our journey is almost at an end. X

Very true Maple_fairy! We sway between emotions during TWW and its awful.

I understand when a lot of people say distract yourself. I have a full time job, I workout 3-4 times a week, I pursue some hobbies and yet, somewhere in the back of my mind this whole TTC is annoying me. It just gets worse as time passes by. Watching other friends announce pregnancy only makes me yearn for that BFP and a child more!

I might just be venting here, but people who conceive by accident or in their first try are super lucky! They are so oblivious to this phase of frustration which is a blessing!

Stress is a killer when it comes to baby making a baby and it causes miscarriage as well during early pregnancy. Consider as well in changing your diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"