How do you keep your spirits high?

MummyKP

Reaction score
Just wandering how you ladies keep yourself upbeat whilst WTT? I have days where I just want it so bad I get really upset that it's not happening sooner, but then other days I'm fine.

I'm in the same boat at the moment and struggling. I was told three weeks ago I had a MMC and opted to have the D & C and it turned out to be a molar pregnancy. Super gutted as it means I may need to wait up to 6 months before trying again it could be earlier or later as well I'm not sure yet as I haven't spoken to a doctor yet it's been all over the phone. We wanted to start trying ASAP as this was going to be our healer and our hope but feels like the rug has been swept from under our feet :(

Aw sorry to hear that beautifulstar :( sending hugs to you! Makes me feel silly for saying I'm struggling to wait when you've just been through that :(

I'm in the same boat. Some days are easy to wait, others are not. Today is a day where it isn't easy at all and I kind of just want to cry. I still have another 9-18 months until I can TTC and while I realize it is for the best to wait and things will be so much better if we do, that doesn't really make it any easier. I'm trying to stay busy, but that doesn't always help either. Sorry I have no good advice, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your loss and that you have to wait longer, Beautifulstar. :hugs: Hopefully the wait goes by quickly for you.

I always found it easier to pass the time and stay upbeat by finding something closer to look forward to/count down to. For instance- the holidays are coming up with 40 some odd days to Christmas... 40 days doesn't seem as long of a wait. And during that time you can have family dinners, outings, decorating, driving looking at lights, ice skating, shoppong and wrapping gifts, maybe seeing a movie coming out you've been waiting for etc. Obviously insert with whatever fits for you but that's what helped me. Look at short term things and see everything that gets to be done and experienced during that time. There us a lot of life to happen between now and baby. Having short term goals really helped me to enjoy that time and fully experience it rather than only be looking forward. Made me feel better too when I got through that time and checked my countdown ticker and would see such a big drop :)

I know it feels like it is so slow getting there but when your LO is in your arms you will look back and see just how quickly it passed. :flower:

Thanks kksy9b for the advice. I've only gotta wait 3-4 weeks until we have a chat again, and I'm hoping to get the news I so desperately want as I don't think I can face feeling like this for much longer!

I hope you get the news that you want! Good luck!

As above I just try to stay focused on mini goals, and thus if I get to them then ttc is more likely to happen!

For me that's gaining a better job (financial), moving into a new home early next year and then as above enjoying the approaching Christmas! And as well to cherish time with your partner, family and friends, just knowing that your moment will come :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->