How do you know what you're feeling is your cervix?

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
I've never attempted to check my cervix before, sorry TMI but I've never stuck my fingers up there before :huh: But now I'm curious and want to try it.
Can someone tell me what to do and what I'm sort of looking for to feel?!

Thanks so much!

I didn't want to read and run. So I'm going to have a go at answering :blush:

Everywhere I've read about cervical examinations describes it as feeling like the tip of your nose. The inside of your vj is soft/spongy, but your cervix is quite firm. It can be quite low down as well (easy to reach) or high up depending on where you are in your cycle. I think it feel almost like the end of a cone poking down.

I think you best bet is to have a rummage about and see what you find 'up there' - you could always get your OH to help :winkwink:

When it's low and hard it's like the tip of ur nose. When it's high and soft it's like your lips and sometimes too hard and soft to be felt

Hey hun well i havnt got a clue lol
i felt my cervix for first time 2 days ago as i never checked before + was like wow!
mine is about 2 knuckles deep + kinda to the back. it feels soft like lips but defiantly different to the inside of vagina. youl defiantly know what it is when you find it. im trying to work out what it being low or high means soft or hard etc. i think everyone's different + by checking every day for a cycle youl notice a different when you conceive , hopefully!
but its never a sure fire way of detecting pregnancy but its still cool to be in tune with our bodies :) x

check www.mybeautifulcervix.co.uk (or com?)
this site has pictures of a womans cervix throughout her cycle. amazing! + also images of cervix when pregnant, after d+c procedure etc. check it out girls! x

When I touch mine I can feel that there is a dip where it's closed. If you are near ovulation you probably can't reach it b/c it's supposed to be high. It's also much smoother than the sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->