How do you know when baby has turned?

sw121

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Baby has been breech forever and I'm booked in for ECV next week. However last night I got to bed and virtually straight away I started to get cramps all over my stomach and I could feel baby shifting around from time to time. It wasn't baby's usual movements, because it was quite uncomfortable - I had to wake BF to rub my back. It went on for about an hour or so before settling down again.

Bump looks different to me this morning - it looks lower and my belly button has opened up a bit more. However there's still a round bit at the top, as there has been all along. I'm waiting for BF to get up to get his view on whether bump looks different in case I'm just imagining it!

So how can you tell when baby has turned?

I'm expecting my 4th, I haven't got a clue what position mine is in. And Tuesday when I went to clinic I was checked over by 3 midwives and they couldn't agree, 2 said breech and the other says it was head was well down.

I wish I knew so I could either to the exercises to help turn it, I can't do them incase it is head down already.

I had a feeling my baby had tuned because I was feeling kicks under my ribs and they confirmed it at my last scan

I wouldnt know if baby had turned - Anna didnt turn and we had an ecv at 38+5.

I hope baby has turned for you - the ECV was horrible!!:flower:

If you have a doppler you can get a good idea by the position of the heartbeat, if its below your belly button they are head down, above they are breech xx

and hiccups!! mine used to be high up(baby was breech) but over the last few days,and after i thought he had turned(ouch) they are well low down!!:thumbup:

The heartbeat thing didnt work for me, i know my babies breech, yet when she listened to the heartbeat it was just below the bellybutton

My first was footling breech until about 30 weeks, and when he turned it literally felt like my insides were being churned up :wacko:

It was a huge movement that took my breath away; not painful, just kind of winded me as if I'd been kicked in the stomach.

Next day at my MW app't, there he was - head down (but back to back...so not quite right, bless him! lol)

If you feel the hiccups really low and you feel the kicks up high baby is probaby head down.

my baby was breech untill 35 weeks i didnt feel it move at all didnt notice any change to the shape of the bump or anything so it must have happened when i was sleeping or something lol
usually if you feel hicups down low it means the head is down

I felt mine go into breech about 3 weeks ago, I actually posted a thread on here thinking baby was escaping. It made me feel proper sick for hours.
It was horrible and it was wobbling and it was like baby has a panic attack and freaked out big time whilst it turned.

I was told that my baby is now head down but a little while ago it was breech. I started trying to think when the baby had turned (I assumed I would have felt it. I was so worried about a c-section for a breech that I thought I was paying close attention to it!). I didn't notice anything except one day where I got short of breath really bad during my daily walk and couldn't seem to catch my breath at all. Then the next day I could breathe better, so that might have been the day, or it might not have been. Sorry if that hasn't been any help. :)

I've always felt hiccups low down even though baby has been breech. It was really uncomfortable last night though, like no other movements I've felt from baby so far. I haven't felt it's feet kicking me in the usual place today - it's feet have been down my by left hip, but I've felt nothing there today.

I went shopping earlier and I certainly found it much harder to walk and I had lower back ache from the moment I stood up - whereas before that it would develop after about 10-15 mins. So I think something has definately happened - but I suppose that could just be that baby has dropped lower and is still breech.

Hello my baby boy is breech too, dont thinkhe has turned, as i have been told you will know if they turn, we have a 4d scan on tues evening, so hopefully we will se then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->