How do you make a hard boiled egg?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
:blush: I'm allergic to eggs so have no clue but OH asked for 2 with his dinner lol

put the egg in cold water and cook it for like.. 20 mins until the waters boiled and leave it in there flor a while...

I think anyway

If you're making a dippy egg then you put it in for betqeen 3-5 mins in already boiling water

x

20 mins :shock: didnt think it wa sthat long

I usually let them boil for about 10 ... just chuck them in a pan of water and your away!!

I dont really know about hard hard boiled eggs like the ones you make sandwiches out of, just know dippy eggs. But I didnt know whether you meant a hard one or a soft one if that makes sense :s

I thought it might be different words for the 2 different types in other parts of the country....

Yeah, Ill shut up now lol

x

Put eggs in a pot with water (1 inch over the eggs)
Bring to a boil
Remove from heat and pop on lid.
Let sit for 15 minutes.

Works perfectly every single time. TRUST MEE! :D

(Hard boiled egg)

Yeah I want nondippy! I'll try 15mins since its the average of times suggested :rofl:

Yeah I want nondippy! I'll try 15mins since its the average of times suggested :rofl:

Yeah I've googled how to make the perfect hard boiled egg before, and thats what it said to do. :) And I make them every week now :thumbup:

huni, if you're allergic to eggs, - are you sure you want to do it? I don't know how bad you're allergic, but if you're anaphalactic, don't do it! I'm sure he doesn't want you to be ill and maybe die for him!

If you're ok to do it, put the egg in hot/boiling water for 10-15 mins, then put the pan in the sink and let the cold water run for about 5 mins. Then when it's cold and stays cold, take it out, put it in a clean tea towl, whcak it so the shell cracks and roll it across the bench. The shell should literally just peel off.

I was such a moron earlier at the shops.. I put all the 'crushables' like the bread and eggs on the metal bit before the conveyor belt so theyd go ontop and not get squashed. But i forgot to push them on the belt so we didn't buy any of them :rofl:

huni, if you're allergic to eggs, - are you sure you want to do it? I don't know how bad you're allergic, but if you're anaphalactic, don't do it! I'm sure he doesn't want you to be ill and maybe die for him!

If you're ok to do it, put the egg in hot/boiling water for 10-15 mins, then put the pan in the sink and let the cold water run for about 5 mins. Then when it's cold and stays cold, take it out, put it in a clean tea towl, whcak it so the shell cracks and roll it across the bench. The shell should literally just peel off.

I am anaphalactic but I won't be peeling them or anything. I'm fine with the shell. I have a weird allergy, I can eat cakes and stuff if eggs arent in the 1st 4 ingredients on the back :shrug:

I am anaphalactic but I won't be peeling them or anything. I'm fine with the shell. I have a weird allergy, I can eat cakes and stuff if eggs arent in the 1st 4 ingredients on the back :shrug:
so you're anaphalactic if it's high in quantity? It might be that you're anaphalactic to real eggs but not powdered eggs :shrug: be careful hun xx

I only stick em in for 5 mins into boiling water. Woops!

I put them in boiling water for up to 10mins, then put them in cold water so that they're not too hot to handle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->