How do you make OH understand

Xrosex

1st Trimester
Reaction score
So the past week my nausea has gotten really bad so i struggle to do day to day things, everything makes me feel sick i just wanna sleep all day i have literally no energy. My boyfriend just doesnt understand why i dont really wanna go out or why i need a nap after a day at work he just says hes tired too but he still manages to do things, it hurts a little bit that he has no sympathy since im carrying his baby! I find it very frustrating

I know how you feel, it's so frustrating! what I told my boyfriend was that In early pregnancy you are using more energy than a normal person does doing exercise, so your energy levels are the same that they would be if you spent every waking minute exercising. Hopefully that will paint a better picture of why you are tired (because growing a person inside you just doesn't sound like it would use much energy!) Ha I think they just think that because we don't have to think about growing a baby and that it is just a natural occurrence without any conscious thought that we don't actually feel the effects of it, but it's draining! Hope he starts to understand :)

Totally agree they are idiots! Haha i cant decide whether hes being more annoying and insensitive than normal or if im just being extra sensitive to it

it could be a bit of both! although of course we are more emotional than normal, the OH has also a lot to get his head around so he could be feeling a little more worried/stressed than normal :)

They won't understand. Even the ones that try to understand don't. My husband is 44, has another kid from his previous marriage and is typically the most patient man I have ever met but even he is getting tired of me feeling like crap. My husband at least knows better than to say anything to me thank goodness. I think that comes with age though. Tell him that it will ease up in the second trimester but until then, read an article about what a woman goes through in the first trimester and STFU.

They don't get it. With my first pregnancy I felt so good all the time that my DH can't get his head around why I feel so shit this time.

To be fair to him he his trying, he's doing all the cooking and making me tea (even though tea is making me gag he still hasn't clocked on I'm throwing it away) he's giving foot rubs and generally being quite helpful but his constant tutting and sighing at my naps and lack of enthusiasm to do anything will eventually end in me losing my shit :rofl:

When I had my daughter I told him to imagine having a hangover for 8 weeks constant cos that's what early pregnancy feels like! He's been great this time round.

haha rainbowdrop! The tutting is so irritating! I get that too and he says things like "how are you still tired?" how stupid is that, perhaps because I am still pregnant? totally with you on being close to losing my shit!

haha rainbowdrop! The tutting is so irritating! I get that too and he says things like "how are you still tired?" how stupid is that, perhaps because I am still pregnant? totally with you on being close to losing my shit!

Gillian it drives me insane!!! DH had to pick me up from work today to run me to the Drs and whilst on the way there I yawned, I didn't say a word, and he pipes up with "maybe you're tired because you're sleeping too much. All you did yesterday was sleep" :gun::gun:

I let mine watch sport most of the weekend while I slept. After finding my irons low and falling asleep at 8pm on a Friday night I think he's starting to get it.

Gillian it drives me insane!!! DH had to pick me up from work today to run me to the Drs and whilst on the way there I yawned, I didn't say a word, and he pipes up with "maybe you're tired because you're sleeping too much. All you did yesterday was sleep" :gun::gun:

The fact that he is still breathing after that shows that you are a better woman than I ha

They are useless. This is 3rd time for me and I have 2 kids under 4 to look after whilst I feel like I have a combination of gastro and a hangover. I'm so tired I can barely move and I've just had a bad reaction to the iron tabs I was given for anemia. My husband keeps trying to compete with me to say how tired he is because it's a bit hot to sleep. Driving me nuts.

They are useless. This is 3rd time for me and I have 2 kids under 4 to look after whilst I feel like I have a combination of gastro and a hangover. I'm so tired I can barely move and I've just had a bad reaction to the iron tabs I was given for anemia. My husband keeps trying to compete with me to say how tired he is because it's a bit hot to sleep. Driving me nuts.

I hate when they do that! My boyfriend constanly tries to compete by sayings how tired he is or that he doesnt feel good drives me crazy

mines the same "how can u be so tired u only woke up a few hours ago or its your day off ive been at work all day im more tired " on a plus side hes good in ways he will let me go nap if i get so tired he occupies dd for a few hours but thats only sumtimes lol at mo hes annoyed with me for moaning i cant eat summit he wanted for dinner as it makes me feel sick he said he understands its not my fault but im still annoyin him if only he could spend the day in my shoes lol

My husband doesn't understand, but he does try. Initially we had a few fall outs because he kept saying "oh well I'm tired too but I still have to work" (in response to my apologising for some of the housework being a little lax recently) but he's getting better. I broke down one evening and he had to listen. Since then although he doesn't understand he encourages me to have a nap on weekends and has taken a bigger role in looking after the children and the home whilst I'm feeling bad. I keep reminding him that it should ease up by the 2nd trimester and I think he's seriously hoping it does. Hope your oh eventually comes around a little.

Xxx

Ugh men are the worst. They have everything so easy. They just show up and boom a baby! Lol whenever my husband is being an idiot I tell him to go stay at his parents if he is sooooo hard done by. That shuts him up right quick... He wouldn't last a day back at his parents and he knows it lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->