How do you make your house cosy and Christmassy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsswaffer

Mum of 3
Reaction score
How can it be done?

I don't feel like I'm making my flat Christmassy enough. How do you make your houses cosy and Christmassy? :)

candles/reed diffusers with a christmassy scent are a MUST. light a fire. turn off the "big" lights

lots of christmas dec's, only tree lights on, no lamps or big lights, lots of christmas smelling things, a real tree & my log burning fire on.

This is how I make mine cosy and Christmasy :) x

https://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/Beanbo_2009/388527_10150352827357703_732942702_8536322_1997519086_n.jpg

Some mulled wine candles
never have any lamps or roof lights on at night time, only christmas lights
if you have a fire light it

For me I have my night before christmas bear :)
it tells the story of the night before christmas (bet you couldn't guess that lol)
I always turn it on at night time with just my christmas lights and lay on the sofa with the kiddies, it makes them really excited for santa coming

I can't wait now x

Make sure your home smells Christmassy- plug ins, scented candles, Christmas inscence sticks. Also you can slice oranges and stick them in the airing cupboard for a while to dry out and put them in a bowl with some cinnamon sticks? I like to stick cloves in oranges too but you need to keep replacing these as they'll only last a week or so before going bad.

Make sure your home is warm- it makes it feel cosier.

I like to have some nice blankets/throws/cushions on the sofa so it feels more snuggly :) I think soft furnishings play a big part nice rugs, cushions, lamps etc.

Keep the ceiling lights off- just have your tree lights, candles and lamps.

Maybe some Christmas music playing quietly as background music?

A plate of mince pies/gingerbread/spiced biscuits on the table?

:)

fairy lights!!! check out the yankee candle range there are loads of xmas ones :) and the smell of tinsel is really cosy/comforting to me! xx

i realy need to find somewhere that stocks some xmas yankee candles!

light a log fire - play xmas music (or watch xmas film) and hot chocloate.

Like everyone has said - xmas candles and only small but decorative lights on really set the scene.

Im struggling to get on the floor to light my fire right now so OH is having to do it every time! Ha!! Yay!

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back