How do you mums 'dress' the dreaded mummy tummy?

lily24

Reaction score
After DS #1, I was able to work out, go jogging and lose my baby weight (apart from the pouch I seem to have inhearited) and felt I could dress around the little 'bulge' after DD though, its obviously worse but it makes me look so big. I have a lot of loose skin and a puouch which will never go away, jeans are a nightmare! I'm a size 8-10 everywhere, apart from belly!! I look seriously stupid with a small too half and large middle section,:cry:

I'm too cheap to buy new clothes so still wear lots of maternity clothes plus long flowy dresses.

Mine has gone now but after I had my LO I wore loose fitting tops. Shirts and shapeless tops are fashionable right now which is good!

High waisted jeans/leggings, over-sized tshirts, 'flippy/skater' dresses (they sell them in newlook/topshop)flippy dresses'

I'm the same I'm a 10 everywhere but I've got the pouch :(

xx

I so just want to wear a pair of skinny jeans with a top that just sits at the top of the jeans! :dohh: I have a horrible bulge under the button and muffin top over the button :cry:

I have a body suit (fat pants!) find it so uncomfy though! Anyone recommend one that doesn't dig in or roll down!

High waisted jeans are my saviour! My figure looks better than ever - but only when covered up and pulled in!

Have you tried different exercises to focus on the tummy muscles? Sit ups etc. I plan on joining a gym a couple months after this next babies born so hopefully get my body back (I miss my flat toned tummy) so I'd like to concentrate on things that's going to tone my tummy muscles up... Just hope it works :|

Definitely agree with high waisted jeans and shorts. They are amazing.

I wear high waisted jeans/shorts/leggings and a flowy top, usually with a vest top underneath so I can breastfeed :)

Mine is awful, I can't find a pair of jeans to fit me at all. I'm also a 10 all over but that bloody tummy! I'm almost relieved that I'm pregnant again and have an 'excuse' :blush: I've been wearing my maternity jeans for the last 10 months (I'm only 11 weeks pregnant :rofl: ) I wear some of my trousers with a hairband keeping them closed or wear leggings or maternity and a loose top.

Today I am wearing black skinny (maternity) jeans and a very flowy top. All my shirts are baggy and shapeless and I am still wearing my maternity jeans. My old jeans will go on...and button...but I am left with a horrible muffin top. No amount of diet or exercise will get rid of lose skin. I also have a tummy flattening tank top I sometimes wear.

double tank tops. snug one underneath and a loose one on top. I started doing this for ease of boobfeeding but it also helps to keep the belly in :flower:

Can I just say it can be fixed!! Healthy eating and core exercises like Pilates for the first few weeks then HIIT exercises to follow.. xxx

I absolutely hate my body after birth, I kept on thinking it was just my uterus which needs time shrinking. After 4 months, I stop lying to myself.... Got waistband to hold it in and start going to gym. Waistband really helps.. And I wear chiffon dresses to cover my shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->