How do you occupy yourself while WTT?

Flossie_Aus

Cautiously Expecting
Reaction score
I still have a month to go and I am driving myself mad with impatience & boredom. My house is clean, and I'm too busy thinking about babies to concentrate on movies/TV. I have some pregnancy books on their way from a friend via snail mail but not sure how long they'll take.

What things can I be doing/organising that will be helpful later on? How do you occupy your mind while you WTT?

This baby fever is baaaaaad :wacko:

Congrats on only having a month to go!

We will be TTC in probably late December 2015. I am occupying myself by eating healthy, exercising, getting in lots of date nights with my husband (he is away at training at the moment, so we only get weekends). I also cross-stitch, so I'm working on my projects and planning the ones I want to do for our baby's nursery.

I get impatient every now and then and get a little sad, but time goes so quickly! I try to keep busy and achieving things. I have a 30 before 40 list that I'm working on (https://sewingbutterfly.wordpress.com/). This is helping me keep busy and focussed while waiting.

Hope you get your BFP quickly :flower:

im TTC about the same time as you :flower: but in the next month im also moving house & getting married so they are pretty big distractions! :haha:
good luck, hope to see you on the TTC/pregnancy boards!

Hi Flossie,

Can't say I have too much advice for you as my 'distractions' are all longer term since I still have 3 - 4 months to go. Working and studying keep me busy, although WTT actually is more of a distraction away from them than the other way around! I am fortunate to get to travel a bit so I also distract myself by focussing on upcoming trips. We will TTC after we return from a big trip in the summer, so I'm quite glad I'll have that going on in my last month otherwise I might go crazy.

My suggestions would be craft or fashion projects, or home design projects, non-baby books as well as the baby ones, action movies, and plan some kind of outing/event once a week that you are genuinely excited about to look forward to.

Congrats on only having a month to go!

We will be TTC in probably late December 2015. I am occupying myself by eating healthy, exercising, getting in lots of date nights with my husband (he is away at training at the moment, so we only get weekends). I also cross-stitch, so I'm working on my projects and planning the ones I want to do for our baby's nursery.

I get impatient every now and then and get a little sad, but time goes so quickly! I try to keep busy and achieving things. I have a 30 before 40 list that I'm working on (https://sewingbutterfly.wordpress.com/). This is helping me keep busy and focussed while waiting.

Hope you get your BFP quickly :flower:

Thanks! Hmmmm I don't cross-stitch, but I can knit a little, and love crafty things. Maybe I could come up with some DIY baby decor too! That's a great idea :) That list sounds interesting too, maybe I should make a "before baby bucket list"... I'm sure December will be here before we know it, best of luck to you too :flower:

im TTC about the same time as you :flower: but in the next month im also moving house & getting married so they are pretty big distractions! :haha:
good luck, hope to see you on the TTC/pregnancy boards!

Wow you are going to have your hands full! I got married two weeks ago and the day just went by in a blur it's insane. Truly wishing you the best of luck, and I hope to see you on the next level also! Maybe we can be TTC buddies :laugh2:

We don't have a set date yet, not sure if that makes it better or worse! Hoping it will be July/august ish tho once I have my IUD out in June.

My problem is that I am impatient, once I've made a decision I want to get on with it, just the way I am. That said, our house needs work so we have agreed that our master bedroom and lounge need to be done and I've already started work on the garden to tidy it up. I've also slacked off majorly in the gym as we were on holiday, then moving, then I had a cold so I need to get back into routine.

And whilst possibly not a popular admission, I'm going to drink lots of cocktails before we TTC! I love coming up with different recipes :happydance: only have one a night so its nothing liver destroying but I know I can't once we start trying so might as well do it now...

Hi Flossie,

Can't say I have too much advice for you as my 'distractions' are all longer term since I still have 3 - 4 months to go. Working and studying keep me busy, although WTT actually is more of a distraction away from them than the other way around! I am fortunate to get to travel a bit so I also distract myself by focussing on upcoming trips. We will TTC after we return from a big trip in the summer, so I'm quite glad I'll have that going on in my last month otherwise I might go crazy.

My suggestions would be craft or fashion projects, or home design projects, non-baby books as well as the baby ones, action movies, and plan some kind of outing/event once a week that you are genuinely excited about to look forward to.

Your life sounds way more exciting than mine LOL! I hope you have a great trip. I think I will be working on some crafty maybe baby decor projects, great idea, thanks :)

My problem is that I am impatient, once I've made a decision I want to get on with it, just the way I am. That said, our house needs work so we have agreed that our master bedroom and lounge need to be done and I've already started work on the garden to tidy it up. I've also slacked off majorly in the gym as we were on holiday, then moving, then I had a cold so I need to get back into routine.

And whilst possibly not a popular admission, I'm going to drink lots of cocktails before we TTC! I love coming up with different recipes :happydance: only have one a night so its nothing liver destroying but I know I can't once we start trying so might as well do it now...

Oh my goodness I am exactly the same. We had been waiting to try a long time to get answers about our genetics, and as soon as we got the all clear I started hopping from one leg to the other demanding a baby and it hasnt stopped :haha:

Cocktails sound like a fun way to pass time. We own a brewery/distillery, so there's always plenty of booze around, but I just can't drink if it's not a social situation and I don't really have any close friends around here :dohh: But here's one for you to try that I love.. vodka, midori, lime syrup, top up with cloudy apple juice, shake it up and drop a maraschino cherry in it. We call it Eye of the Dragonfly and it's divine!

I've been working on getting all my appointments out of the way and working out and eating healthy. I started my prenatal too. I've also just started bbt charting th is month so I'll really understand my cycle in time to start ttc. I'm totally obsessed with the start date anyway though so maybe it isn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->