How do you plan to tell your family?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I know it's early to be thinking about since we aren't even pregnant yet, but have you thought about how you will tell your family that you are expecting after you get your BFP and how long you will wait to inform them? I know the social media announcements are a big thing now but I want to plan special ways to announce the pregnancies to both of our families before it's known online. I expect that his family will be more supportive than mine so I will probably just tell my parents over the phone or something, but I know his mom will be over the moon and if we get pregnant in September like I'm hoping then the 3 month mark would be around Christmas so I was thinking of wrapping some baby related item like a bottle or a bib up as a present and then watching her confusion and then excitement once she realizes. My partner also has a cousin who bakes cakes so I want the gender revealed to us that way. I'll have the ultrasound technician write the gender down and seal it in an envelope then give it off to her and have her bake a cake with either a blue or pink middle which we will cut into at a party for our close friends/family and find out the same time they do. What do you have planned in the way of personal announcements?

We think about this a lot. We've thought about wearing tshirts to the family's house that says "baby mamma" and "baby daddy". Or having a onesie made that says something clever to give as a gift. We're building a house right now so I would love our social media announcement to be a picture of the door of the baby's room to have a cute sign on it that says "baby's room". It's so fun to think of the different to tell people. I just hope it happens sometime soon. :)

Oh I have so many ideas. For immediate friends and family it will be simple because I have been opened and detailed about my whole process. My plan for my dad is to get him a "late father's day gift" if I am pregnant right now and I forgot to get him one this year. Most people will be a phone call but I have thought to conveniently go for coffee with some and tell them. it depends on if I can keep it a secret. oh and we will be telling right away.

As for online I have a bunch of ideas. That we are waiting until af is due (if I happen to get a BFP early) because I don't really want to explain a chemical pregnancy. I'm not concerned about miscarriage. I'd rather have the support of all my friends and family than keep it a secret. My sis did that and I think it was worse than if she told us. Anyhoo, I digress.

1) do a cross stitch of a baby announcement and post of a pic of it online nearly complete and put a caption that says "to be completed May 2016." (this date is assuming I am pregnant right now).

2) do a collage of all the children books I have from when I was a kid and post that up and say "coming to a rocking chair May 2016."

3) Writing up a character sheet for Dungeons and Dragons (we are nerdy gamers lol) that has "stats" of our baby

4) There is a nursery in the game World of Warcraft so I thought we could go and get a screen shot of our characters with a baby and post that online with some funny caption.

5) my final and most likely the idea I am going with is a video montage of me sitting in a chair reading a kid book to my belly, taking video of all the announcements we do, showing me doing the cross stitch and then showing it to the camera and then a pic of the BFP test stick and all to music about pregnancy. Stuff like With Arms Wide Open - Creed, 1000 Years - Christina Perri etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->