How do you put on your socks?!

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I'm only just 28 weeks and struggling already. I just can't bend down enough to pull those suckers on! I need sock-applying techniques, girls!

Husband!! NOt been able to put my own socks of for weeeeeks and weeks!

With great difficulty!! Lol, usually by sitting down and bringing my foot up onto my other leg.

I find i'm more flexible in the morning and manage to get them on but then I struggle to take them off at bed time - one of my DHs new jobs! :winkwink:

what about shoes?

I wear slip on shoes for work during the week but always wear converse at the weekend and i forget every week how hard it is to tie the laces! :dohh:

DH has had to tie my laces a few times...

I laughed when I saw this. Oh so true! It's not easy, is it. Lol

If I had to wear them, I would bring my leg up and use my other leg to support it while sitting down and put them on that way (so my foot was on my other thigh) but most of the time I just resorted to flip flops once it got warm and my feet swelled too bad to wear them anyway

Thing is, my hubby goes to work really early so he's not there when I'm getting ready for work. As the weather gets better (ha, I wish!), I can start wearing my ballet shoes and flip-flops. But IS it ever going to get better in the UK?!

Ha, I just found these on Ebay! https://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/270989698568?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

The way I manage it is sit sort of sideways on the bed and bring one leg up at a time, resting my knee on the edge of the bed. Once one is done turn the other way and do the other.

When i wear socks which isnt often my lovely oh do it for me and my lovely dd pull them off for me while saying "mummy belly to big" lol

I've been wearing flip flops - even in the rain! My feet/ankles are swollen :(

Haha I was laughing about this tonight when I tried to paint my toenails! It turned out to be quite the struggle and I was determined to make it happen lol! Socks and running shoes are also a struggle.
Being single, I'm going to have to figure out ways to do it all - no Dh to help me out!

Flip flops for me, too. Fortunately they are appropriate for the weather here.

My DH had to cut my toenails last night, I was cringing the whole time!

I can just about manage socks ok, but shoes are getting increasingly tricky!

For both socks and shoes I have to hoist my one foot up onto my other leg, but I can't just do this anymore, so I have to pull my leg up using my trousers! lol.

I can't wear my boots anymore, too cold for flip flops or ballet pumps, so I'm in my slip on trainers, but I do really struggle to get these on!

Lol this is so true .... DH isn't here to help normally but I can still touch my toes just lol. But can see that changing soon :).

I sit on the edge of the bed & bring my left leg up on top of my right for the left foot & for the right foot I bring it up onto the matress kind of to the side with a bent knee (hope that makes sense!). For some reason I can't get my right leg up ontop of my left leg as it hurts my belly too much!!

Luckily the only lace up shoes I own are my trainers & they aren't getitng much use these days, but when I need to put them on I sit on our stair case I lace them up!

I find i'm more flexible in the morning and manage to get them on but then I struggle to take them off at bed time - one of my DHs new jobs! :winkwink:

what about shoes?

I wear slip on shoes for work during the week but always wear converse at the weekend and i forget every week how hard it is to tie the laces! :dohh:

DH has had to tie my laces a few times...

Walking boots! As they are pretty much all I have right now, and I have to pu my foot on a few stairs up to be anywhere near reaching lol.

Argh! I struggle! I do something different though - maybe b/c my bed is too high for me to sit on...
while standing I bend my knee and bring my foot up behind my butt then try to snag my toes in the hole with the same side arm. Left foot, left arm, right foot, right arm. It's weird. But I used to work with a lady who had cerebral palsy and only use of one hand/arm, and that's how she did it - just snagged her toes and pulled the sock on.

Option B. if I remember, is I take my socks to the washroom when I go in the morning, then I can sit on the toilet and put them on :blush:

I am getting DH to help me lace up when I wear runners.

I wear slippers in the house and pumps outside but if I need my socks on I will try to get them on by putting my leg on the edge of the bed then turning over and doing the other, I have a new technique of rolling my socks until they come off :haha: otherwise my OH does it for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->