How do you shower?

SaraEmily

Mom of 2 girls
Reaction score
So in this past 7 months, I still haven't even tried to shower while OH is at work. LO gets fussy so quickly when I'm not there to entertain her, and I wouldn't be able to hear her crying if I'm in the shower. It wouldn't be such a huge deal if I took quick showers, but I tend to take 20 minutes.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to keep her happy while I shower? I was thinking of putting her jumperoo right outside the bathroom in the hall, and leaving the door open, but I'll probably still have to get out every minute or two to put her paci in her mouth, since this doesn't enterain her long.

I used to out her in her bouncy chair in the doorway, and sing and dance to keep her amused while I showered. Now she's too big for the chair so I put her somewhere safe with lots of toys. I can't hear her fussing but I can hear if she gets really upset and needs me to calm her down. Or occasionally I will shower while she's asleep.

I wait until Harry is napping. His room is next to the bathroom but with both doors shut it doesn't disturb. I have also ran a bath before and that doesn't disturb him either.

I take Lily in the bathroom with me and she plays on the floor with some toys. Or I used to leave her in her jumperoo downstairs but kept the door open so I could hear her. Tbh I kinda think if I know there is nothing wrong with her and she's just fussing, then it's not the end of the world if she winges for the 5-10mins I'm in the shower but that's just me!

I just never know how long she'll be asleep for. She rarely naps anywhere but in my lap. But I guess this might be my best bet.

I put my baby in her vibrating chair in the bathroom, and when she naps I have a bath. If she wakes up I can reach and pop her dummy back in her mouth. I do have a very easy baby though so when she wakes she is quite happy to sit there for 15-20 mins while I soak!

I have a bouncer in the bathroom which I pop him in when I hava bath, he likes the sound of the water slashing so he doesn't mind it. However he does get bored easy so I only ever hava quick dip. But I only have one if its a must most time I wait till OH gets in and then I hava relaxing soak :p

While she's napping but your circumstance is different. Do you have a bouncy chair (as oters have said) or a rocknplay sleeper? I have used that a few times and gvenher something to play with. I also play music or sing to her while popping my head out to make her smie.

I use the vibrating bouncer in the bathroom. He usually sleeps with the vibrate on, but he is content to sit there awake usually. He's still young and an easy baby though.

I used to put Holly in her cot to watch her mobile. But since she's scared of her cot now I just bring her to play on the bathroom floor and just shower super fast

I don't :haha:

If OH isn't home there is normally a tiny window of opportunity during Lucas' morning nap, if I have a lie in or do anything else with that time then there's no chance in hell that I'll be having a shower til he gets home from work again lol x

I either take her in the bathroom or put her in her cot with toys, I also learnt to shower quickly!

Before she's up in the morning usually. She generally sleeps until around 7.30/8 so I just get up a bit earlier than that. 3 days a week I work anyway so get up at 6.30 then anyway. On a weekend we all tend to get up when she wakes and OH and I alternate watching her so the other can get ready.

There was a spell though a couple of months back where she woke a bit earlier. I then either put her in her playpen or showered when she napped

I bring his high chair into the bathroom and put a bunch of toys on the tray. I don't do it during naps because I bathe my toddler at the same time and I can't just get out & leave him if the baby wakes...

dh works away mon - fri so the first few weeks he was away...... I didn't shower mon-thurs!!!!!! I know, manky manky manky!!

now i'm afraid to chance it when napping as his bedroom is right next to bathroom and our shower drains loudly!! and the hot water running for a bath is bonkers loud!

so, it's a bouncer in the bathroom and singing songs and funny faces from mummy!

worst thing? the look up and down from a four month old of your naked body.....what a leveller :) x

While she's napping or in the middle of the bed (I can see my bed from inside my shower) surrounded by her toys...I'm also in and out in under 5 minutes lol During the week, I'm showering before she wakes (work fulltime)

Either when he's sleeping or pop him in his carseat and bring him in with me. I also shower super quick now though!

I put the baby in his swing and let the 3 year old do as he pleases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->