How do you shower?

This might be an unpopular opinion but it won't hurt her to cry for 20 minutes.

There was a time where Asher wouldn't let me do anything. I would put him in the bathroom with me with toys but it still wouldn't keep him happy. Eventually I had to put him in his crib, make sure he was fed and clean, give him some toys, and leave him to it. Yes, sometimes he would cry the entire time while I was in the shower, and sometimes he wouldn't.

At the end of the day though, he didn't remember it and I was clean and felt a little bit better about life.

I put the baby in his swing and let the 3 year old do as he pleases.

I can only imagine what sorts of things you come back too (I do the same too btw, unless he's in there with me).

I have found raisin "lines" along the floor, yogurt poured all over the floor, found him in the BASEMENT, found him watering the plants with orange juice...

There was a time where Asher wouldn't let me do anything. I would put him in the bathroom with me with toys but it still wouldn't keep him happy. Eventually I had to put him in his crib, make sure he was fed and clean, give him some toys, and leave him to it. Yes, sometimes he would cry the entire time while I was in the shower, and sometimes he wouldn't.

At the end of the day though, he didn't remember it and I was clean and felt a little bit better about life.

p is so easy going I don't have to do this but I had to do this with Alex or I would just be filthy for a week. Being a bit clean does wonders for postpartum depression b/c of colicky babies!

I can only imagine what sorts of things you come back too (I do the same too btw, unless he's in there with me).

I have found raisin "lines" along the floor, yogurt poured all over the floor, found him in the BASEMENT, found him watering the plants with orange juice...

I usually encourage him to watch a 30 min show off netflix :haha: Gives me time to shower, brush, and dress before I need to worry too much.

I shower at night so put her to bed at 7pm then jump in the shower. Have done since she was about 2weeks old.

I shower in the evenings when the kids are asleep. I only shower in the mornings at the weekend when OH is there. I can shower in the mornings with the baby in a bumbo chair and my son in front of a DVD downstairs but I much prefer the evenings, it's less stressful and I get to take more time.

I don't during the day while hubby is at work. I'll either have one in an evening or I'll wait til a morning he can have her while I jump in. She 95% of the time only naps on me and wakes if put down and can't amuse herself for long. Some days it just doesn't happen and I have to make do with a quick wash :(

Well I just gave it a try. I put her in the jumperoo in the hall, and covered it with toys. She actually did great until the last 5 minutes, when she got tired and started screaming. But at least I'm clean. :)

No, I agree with you.

When he was little up until about 3/4 months old, showering was a nightmare. I always took him in, in his bouncy chair but he didn't like it and always tried. I just go on with it and enjoyed my shower. He was fed and clean so he was only crying because he wanted held. I held him pretty much 24/7, but I need a shower a day for my sanity, so I let him cry. I only started doing this after I nearly fainted one day because I hadn't ate in so long (he was a couple of weeks old). I just decided there and then that there were certain things (eating, showering) that I had to do so if he was going to cry, he was going to cry.

Now, I put him on a blanket in bathroom whilst I shower and he's fine. I time my showers and he goes for his morning nap straight afterwards, so I get peace to get ready and put some make-up on :thumbup:

I feel awful if I don't have a shower in a morning! Seth goes in his jumperoo and I pop Nick Jr on to distract him. He's usually fine for long enough for me to get showered and dressed, and only really starts moaning when I try to put any make up on! Managed to get that down to about 5 minutes though so I just let him have a little whine, but go to him if he gets full on upset!

He's not got long left in the jumperoo now though I don't think, so then it will be in the cot with toys.

Start back at work in Sept and I'll probably be up before him for 3 days a week (unless he decides to start waking at the arse crack of dawn!) and daddy can look after him while I get ready on a weekend, so I'll only really have to worry about it twice a week.

I shower before both babies wake up in the morning. On the rare occasion that I need to shower and they're up, I wait til DS is sleepy in his travel cot and I take DD into the bathroom with me in her high chair and give her a snack to keep her occupied. When the snack is done I sing and dance like a looney to keep her entertained. X

i put my son in his bouncer and sing and make faces to him and play peek a boo. he loves it but does get fed up pretty quickly so its a pretty quick shower, wash hair and then into his activity centre so i can quickly dry it, he usually ends up SCREAMING when im drying my hair and i often end up having to lie him on the ground next to me and tickling him with my feet etc. gone are the days of a nice relaxing shower! (im also a single mum so no break for me :( ) x

If my husband isnt up yet I take a shower with him in the bouncy chair in the bathroom with me. He holds his bottle now so I take a shower when he gets his morning bottle. He is pretty content with that.

I usually encourage him to watch a 30 min show off netflix :haha: Gives me time to shower, brush, and dress before I need to worry too much.

This! Usually Mickey Mouse Clubhouse will by me 20 minutes or so. I put Rowan in the jumperoo and hope that Connor doesn't get into to much trouble!

Her first nap of the day is when i shower :)! I found it much easier to shower when she was a newborn :)!

I go in the shower as soon as i put her in the crib that way i no if she does cry ( which she never does) she won't be crying for long.

I shut the bathroom door, keep the shower door open and let her paddle in the bottom with a couple of her bath toys, she usually ends up getting a bit of a hair wash at the same time...everyone's a winner! X

I used to use the bouncy chair. Put him in it in the bathroom so he could see me. Then when he got too big for it at about 7 months old I put him in his cot with a load of toys and make sure I was quick. Now at ten months old I've put a baby gate on the wall inbetween the barroom wall and the stairs so he has free run of his room and my room without being able to get into the bathroom. He loves it.

It used to be hard when he was teeny and I was breastfeeding though! Really hard!

I plonk LO on the bed in the room next to the bathroom with some toys and then shower.

I either shower in the morning before OH goes to work and they get a little time to play together (great because OH gets home after LO has gone to bed at night), or I wait until his morning nap and do it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->