How do you stop TTC from taking over your life?

LunaBean

Noahs Mama & 7 angels <3
Reaction score
Me and my OH had a chat last night and she said she thinks this whole TTC thing is taking over my life, which I know it is, but how do I make it stop! We can't go into town without me pointing out cute babies...prams...cute baby clothes...toddlers..everything! I'm constantly talking about 'when the baby comes' or 'when I get pregnant', not drinking tea/coffee/alcohol, the beeping thermometer waking her every morning, taking bout 20 supplements a day, not wanting to have a night out 'just incase I'm pregnant already' and its driving her mad. She can only be involved so much since it's mainly between me and the donor, bringing me cups of tea when 'the deed is done' etc, but she said last night she feels like our whole life has been put on hold trying to get me pregnant, and what will we end up like when I finally do? I can't afford to take a break for even a month since we only have 2 tries a month with the donor and what if that was the time it would have worked?

How do you stop it being in your head 24/7? I'm off work at the minute cus I'm sick, so I spend all day on here reading everyones posts and looking at bump pix which doesn't help, I really think she's gona start taking the laptop to work with her so I can't come online! I tried to go a whole day without mentioning babies once, but it lasted half an hour lol. Everytime I go to the bathroom I wana POAS, its crazy!!!

If you find the answer let me know... (LOL)

agreed ! im in the same boat, as are most people in this section !... the last time i fell pregnant i didnt know about this site, i didnt chart anything, and the very first time i took a pregnancy test in my life it was when i waited til my period was late and got a positive. sometimes i find this site really helpful... with ovualtion and advice, other times i just get angry with myself because i cant stop coming on here, talking about having a baby etc etc, i just wish i could get my old life back !! ttc has become so serious with me and i dont know how to make myself stop it, and let nature take its course either

xxxx

It's funny - when we weren't TTC I used to wait anxiously for the :witch: to arrive and pray we hadn't had an accident - now I actually think that it would be so much better to fall pregnant that way!

Hey Lizzie,

I am letting this ttc malarkey take over my life too. I eat, sleep, dream ttc. It is all I can think about. I am hopping on and off the pc all day to check this forum and it is becoming an obsession.
I hope we can get our BFP's soon so we can move onto 1st trimester and start obsessing there instead LOL x
Good Luck hun x

Me and my OH had a chat last night and she said she thinks this whole TTC thing is taking over my life, which I know it is, but how do I make it stop! We can't go into town without me pointing out cute babies...prams...cute baby clothes...toddlers..everything! I'm constantly talking about 'when the baby comes' or 'when I get pregnant', not drinking tea/coffee/alcohol, the beeping thermometer waking her every morning, taking bout 20 supplements a day, not wanting to have a night out 'just incase I'm pregnant already' and its driving her mad. She can only be involved so much since it's mainly between me and the donor, bringing me cups of tea when 'the deed is done' etc, but she said last night she feels like our whole life has been put on hold trying to get me pregnant, and what will we end up like when I finally do? I can't afford to take a break for even a month since we only have 2 tries a month with the donor and what if that was the time it would have worked?

How do you stop it being in your head 24/7? I'm off work at the minute cus I'm sick, so I spend all day on here reading everyones posts and looking at bump pix which doesn't help, I really think she's gona start taking the laptop to work with her so I can't come online! I tried to go a whole day without mentioning babies once, but it lasted half an hour lol. Everytime I go to the bathroom I wana POAS, its crazy!!!

Forgive me for wondering, but I would have thought having a woman for your OH would be the perfect TTC partner, I mean, I thought she would exactly understand how a woman feels, when men usually don't as they don't have the hormones, biological thing etc. Is this not at all the case? (p.s. I am personally trying not to let WTT take over me life, goodness knows what I will be like when I am TTC) take care x

I completely agree. In some respects I am wondering if I should stop TTC and just try to relax about it. The days when I didn't even know when my period would arrive seem so long ago. I am generally ok until ovulation but for the next two weeks I am a nightmare. I actually think it will start affecting my relationship if I am not careful!

Hope you get your BFP very soon!

Forgive me for wondering, but I would have thought having a woman for your OH would be the perfect TTC partner, I mean, I thought she would exactly understand how a woman feels, when men usually don't as they don't have the hormones, biological thing etc. Is this not at all the case? (p.s. I am personally trying not to let WTT take over me life, goodness knows what I will be like when I am TTC) take care x

Nope, cus she hasn't a broody bone in her body and doesnt understand why I get so worked up when AF comes cus I can 'try again next month'. Sometimes I think shes a guy lol. Don't get me wrong, she wants us to start a family, but doesn't feel that it should take over our every waking moment! She has no desire to have kids herself, so maybe thats why!

Reading your post is like reading my own thoughts!
Hope you get the BFP you want SOON x x

I am obsessed to but in the interests of hanging on to my oh we dont talk about it a whole lot.
I try to let him bring it up and I come on here to feed my addiction. Its nice when he brings it up and I know hes keen, but his last marriage broke up due to the fact that his wife had 5 ivf tries, and became mentally unwell due to the obsession, so I say come on here, or look at prams and stuff online, and not talk about it too much.
Its hard though!!! Good luck hun.XXX

I am obsessed to but in the interests of hanging on to my oh we dont talk about it a whole lot.
I try to let him bring it up and I come on here to feed my addiction.

Same here. Thank gods for this site where I can have my ttc-life :D
I don't really have anyone to talk about that (at least not as much as I would like to lol) in real life.
Love you girls! You're my soulmates!

If ANYONE had an answer to that, I would really like to know! I am constantly on here. I got internet on my phone and use that to check up on here when I'm away from my laptop! I use any kind of invitation to talk to OH about kids. "So, how is your sister?" "She's good. So are her kids. Speaking of kids..." and so on.
BnB just feeds this obsession. It's crazy! I love it and hate it at the same time! I just want a baby!!

...I'm done for the night... lol

I was so excited to see this post and ran on to find the answer!! And nobody has one. Ha ha.
I completely understand, I am so obsessed, on my mobile on this website all the time. I do agree with the other girls tho, just don't let on exactly how obsessed you are to your oh. My oh thinks I'm obsessed and he doesn't know the half of it!!!!!! They just don't get it. Yes he wants a baby as much as me but he doesn't have that 'desire' and also he doesn't have constant reminders, daily folic acid, ovulation, temps, af pains, etc etc need I go on. :)

Ahhh, I feel exactly the same. In a way I feel like I am wishing my life away, I wish the days away waiting to ovulate and then wish them away during the 2ww. TTC is taking over my life! I spend so much time on here and that probably makes it worse because I am thinking about getting pregnant constantly. I can't forget about it because there are reminders every day, like peeing on my sticks, taking my vitamins, taking my temperature, plus the fact I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women and babies everywhere I go!

I can't remember my life before bnb and ttc, what did I used to do all day? Ha, I must have got so much work done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->