How do you tell the difference???

Kassy

Mummy and expecting #2
Reaction score
I have ibs, so my stomach often feels crap and queasy. This morning i felt rough again and i'm having niggling nausea (which i can have sometimes anyway with ibs). How the heck do you tell the difference between morning sickness and ibs??. Anyone??

I have both to. I think IBS just makes it more difficult. I have found the foods I feel able to eat are the ones that I usually avoid as triggers my symptoms. Frustrating I agree.

It does make it difficult. I did eat a lot of meat yesterday (large burger) so that coulkd be the reason why i feel off.

my teacher in school is actually a nurse as well and she told me once pregnancy occurs every condition that you have prior to it will be flared up or likely exaggerated in its old symptomatic ways. i had mild eczema, but it didnt return with vengeance when ifound out i was pregnant(which was a surprise). and also i was severely anemic... iron deficiency... it was horrible i was in the hospital often but one day my levels had jumped from 14 to 28 to 39 in just a week's time when i had been struggling for years to get my levels past 14 at all with heavy medication doses! three days later, i found out i was pregnant and now im completely healed of my anemia and my hemoglobin is fantastic now according to my local nutritionist after some blood work was done again. its because the baby caused an increase in blood volume by 40-50%. my baby is a miracle surprise and they saved me haha! sorry for going off topic! but if your ibs symptoms get worse its probably from the morning sickness being added onto it.

I have IBS since having my gallbladder removed. For me, morning sickness feels like a hangover and relentless 24/7 nausea. IBS feels more like an intestinal upset for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->