How does anyone get any work done in the first tri?

LoveSunshine

Reaction score
Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant (today) after a successful 4th attempt at IVF with ICSI.

I have been feeling very nauseous for at least the last 2 weeks (time seems to be going veeeery slowly) and it's really affecting how much work I'm getting done. I work from home so it's very easy for me to just go and lie on the sofa and sleep :( Luckily I have to get up and go outside because I have a dog but even that is making me feel ill.

Has anyone got any good tips apart from eating ginger and eating little and often to help combat this. Very often the only thing that is helping me is eating a McDonalds which I know is sooo bad but nothing else seems to work. I'm lucky in that I haven't actually been sick but so fed up of feeling ill.

HELP!

Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant (today) after a successful 4th attempt at IVF with ICSI.

I have been feeling very nauseous for at least the last 2 weeks (time seems to be going veeeery slowly) and it's really affecting how much work I'm getting done. I work from home so it's very easy for me to just go and lie on the sofa and sleep :( Luckily I have to get up and go outside because I have a dog but even that is making me feel ill.

Has anyone got any good tips apart from eating ginger and eating little and often to help combat this. Very often the only thing that is helping me is eating a McDonalds which I know is sooo bad but nothing else seems to work. I'm lucky in that I haven't actually been sick but so fed up of feeling ill.

HELP!

Hey hun, congrats :happydance:

Havent really got any tips but ive been feeling exactly the same

Sick as a dog 24-7 since about 6 weeks, I am now nearly 11 and its died down a little but not much

Also have a horrible sinus cold and head ache that wont go away so i've been feeling like a zombie doing nothing but sleeping and moaning for weeks now (poor OH ha)

Im not eating great at the minute, i dont fancy much apart from comfort food or junk food so really hoping it all eases off by 12 weeks

I brought those pregnancy sickenss bands from amazon and they've helped a little but still havent got rid of it x

I'm just snacking little & often, I find the minute my tummy is feeling a bit empty the nausea hits. I'm the same as you luckily not being sick just feeling it a LOT.
Supposed to keep hydrated to help? Or just dry food like crackers.
I feel worse if I'm just sat around, keeping busy takes me mind off thing

Thank you, congratulations to you both too!

I will be glad when I get to 14 weeks, hopefully it will be better by then.

Hi and congratulations. I know exactly how you feel, it's really hard when you feel like crap. If it helps at all I'm 13 weeks and am still feeling rubbish, admittedly it is better than it was a week ago. Rather than constant it now comes and goes but praying by next week it'll be gone.
It was the same when I had my first child, really bad but gone by 14 weeks so I'm sorry to say it but I think you'll have a good few more weeks of it or maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones where it starts to disappear around 9 weeks. Hope it's not too bad for you.

Congratulations! I have to say I've felt the same for about the last four weeks but today at 9+5 I've had some relief which is of course has sent me into an absolute blind panic!

The only thing that's helped me is sleeping. I seem to wake up ok but I suffer from about mid-morning til I go to bed right after DS. I get absolutely nothing done whatsoever frankly but I'm hoping it will start to ease off soon x

I am exactly the same! All I can do is lay on the sofa all day. Not sure how ill cope with my new full-time job next week.ugh.

I have ginger biscuits, lemonade, have sips of water and lollipops. They only help temporarily though and then i go back to feeling sick. I'm going through about 20 lollipops a day! I have heard that the pressure bands work really well for some people, so i've ordered those, one for each wrist. and keep snacks near you like plain crackers and carrot sticks. I find eating anything heavier makes it worse

I know, time goes so slow when you aren't feeling well. I'm roughly seven weeks and nauseous almost the entire day. I agree with eating little and often. Bananas have really helped me, fuller fat yogurt, milk, salty potato chips, almonds, to name a few. From my past experiences this nausea thing seems to subside by 15 weeks so I hope it is roughly the same for you!

I haven't eaten any fruit in weeks, it all smells like wee to me :sick:

I'm not sure if this is available where you are but there is a prescription medicine here called Diclegis which I started taking and is about the only thing that helps me get through the day. I suffer from HG and the first trimester is horrible. Diclegis was a miracle drug for me but you have to take it on an empty stomach for it to work correctly.

If that is not available where you are, Sea Bands are another option. Also eating when you feel nauseated. I know that's the last thing on your mind but pushing yourself to eat really does help. Eat slow and only eat what your stomach can handle. If it is McDonald's then go for it... you will be able to eat a more balanced diet in the second and third trimesters when the sickness passes. Protein shakes and smoothies work wonders when you can't stomach solid food.

Finally, try drinking when you seem to feel nauseated. Sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger in the form of feeling nauseated but really sometimes all your body needs is water. Gatorade or vitamin water is good if you are unable to get enough calories by dieting alone. Hope these tips help! Good luck!

Eat protein and take a good probiotic (I take VSL #3). I think both of those has saved me from having lots of sickness, I've barely had any, and haven't thrown up. Tums also helps at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->