How does round ligament pain feel?

doodlegirl

Reaction score
I have been getting these sort of very located muscle cramps in my abdomen. they feel quite superficial and happen a lot at night, when I turn, sneeze etc. mostly on right side. last night however I had one massive one on left side and the area is still sensitive. im worried its something else.

that sounds exactly what mine feels like and my dr said it is round ligament pain..don't worry!!! sounds totally normal!

I never really asked about round ligament pain and even thought that of all things I never came across it. However when reading about it I think it definitely is just muscle which I've had a lot if I tried to turn in bed or get up or something. Never really worried about it. But do ask your ob or midwife if it persists.

Thank you ladies. Im seeing my mw tomorrow so I will ask her. but more I read about it more im sure thats what it is. x

Hi,

I am a TTC'er in my 2ww so hope you don't mind me commenting.

I googled this all night last night as I have had loads of pregnancy symptoms (but am only 9dpo). Last night i sneezed and felt like I'd been shot down on the right side... other than that I have a dull ache across my knicker line (if I was wearing a high waisted knicker, haha).

Congrats on your pregnancy, apparently you can do gentle exercises to help... I've been having a hot water bottle every day.

XXX:flower:

My midwife told me that what I describe is typical round ligament pain, she said it can be quite severe and not to overdue things, she said it might get less painfull and if im really worried in the future just to call a doctor or go to a+e

Mine were always a kind of stabbing pain when I sneezed, coughed etc, it usually went away within 10 seconds or so bit could also feel a bit tender afterwards.

When I was pregnant with DD4 it is what made me test. :)

Sharp, on one side or the other like ovulation pain. Usually with sudden movement, sometimes just any movement though. Feels kind of like a stitch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->