How does the baby Lay?

monst_18

I Love being Alfies Mummy
Reaction score
random sorry!

Does thte baby lay longways accross your tummy as if it would it you were holiding it to feed. or longways straight down? or a bit of both at this stage?

I am confused as to what i feel where and i know peope say they move but in which way?

sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Good question.....something I want to know too. So I'm awaiting replies too :)

Every pregnancy is different hun, they don't all lie the same way sorry i know this don't help. Some babies will be head downwards, with there back to your back or towards belly, Some may be bum down, some can lie across your belly like mine was. They move that much hun they could change positions daily lol

However they damn well please - somersaults galore at this stage. later on they start to be a bit more static and turn themselves upside down at somepoint ready for birth (hopefully!).

(Oooh.... did that sound I like I know what I'm talking about...?) heheheeh.

So thats why one minute i can feel the kicks and punches really low and the next higher up!!!

Thanks girls!

yup yup! sometimes i feel like he is going to dive right thru me and othertimes i can feel him either side but low down when i was 18 weeks preg they told me that my uterus was 2 fingers ontop of my belly button and i should feel him there.. well nope! only low down! so some like to be there too :)
xoxo

yep remember some will be hand or feeties attacking you. All my earlier jabs have been fair low as bump was lying horizontal but he's shifted & i now get a few higher up. As you get bigger you will be able to feel 2 round lumps , head & bum , This will give you some sort of idea where they are. At the moment i think mines lying with his head towards the bottom of my ribs on the right & his bum in the bottom left sorta diagonal as i get no jabs to the left of my ribs, but all low down & on the right side so i would guess his feet & hands are facing my right hip & side if u get me x

yep remember some will be hand or feeties attacking you. All my earlier jabs have been fair low as bump was lying horizontal but he's shifted & i now get a few higher up. As you get bigger you will be able to feel 2 round lumps , head & bum , This will give you some sort of idea where they are. At the moment i think mines lying with his head towards the bottom of my ribs on the right & his bum in the bottom left sorta diagonal as i get no jabs to the left of my ribs, but all low down & on the right side so i would guess his feet & hands are facing my right hip & side if u get me x

How do you know this though? sorry and thanks for helping!

I'm only 16 weeks but this morning I woke up with a very strange looking belly! There was lump one side! I poked a bit and the left hand side didn't feel hard at all but the right hand side felt like a big ol'ball. Baby had gone and balled himself up on one side. It was sooo strange! I can't say I was expecting that at all. Just goes to show you that if they can find the space they'll move into it!

At my last scan the sonographer said that baby was lying cephalic, which is head down and she seems to favour my right hand side as when my belly tightens, it goes a strange shape on the right hand side! :rofl: Sonographer confirmed that she was laying on my right side, with her feet just above and over my belly button.
Transverse is horizontal, and breech is feet down in the pelvic area.

when i was having my scan, she moved into so many different positions, but my baby normally lies with her head on my right hand side n her feet on my left :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->