How does this sound?

R

rubixcyoob.

Some of you osted on my other thread when I said I was going to tell my mum about the baby. I still haven't but tonight is the night.
My OH told his mum today and apparently she loves me and I am part of the family, is proud I am keeping it, will do everything she can to ensure we can both contiune with our education and support us in every other way. I found this so nice considering I have only met her once and some people may have seen it as me ruining their childs life.
So tonight I'm going to his for dinner so all three of us can talk about it and stuff.

Before I go I'm going to leave a letter on my mums bed, expalining it all to her. How when I found out I was too scared and was going to get an abortion so didn't tell her, then I made the appointment but couldnt go through with it. How I can't get rid of my baby and such. Explain to her that right now I know she is disappointed in me but I need her so much atm. Tell her I put if off for so long because she kept telling me my 17 year old friend who is pregnant is stupid. Just basically apologise and tell her I love her and need her, so does the baby. Then tell her how I promise I am sitll going to go to university and do well with my life and stuff.
Then talk to her when I get home and shes calmed down a bit.

Does this seem ok? Or cowardly?

You tell your mom the method that you prefer. No one is going to tell you there is a right and wrong way of telling your mom, but will agree that it's best she knows right away.

Good luck and I hope she's just as supportive as your BF's mom!

:hugs:

I think it seems like a good idea. It'll give her a chance to think things through before you get back. Sometimes telling people things face to face can end badly because humans are emotional creatures and we tend to react instantly based on immediate feelings, not necessarily on rational thought!

this is my letter:

Mum,

I've got something important to tell you and I'm so scared. I know I should have told you earlier but I didn't know how. I know you'll be disappointed in me and mad but I hope you understand. I'm pregnant and so so sorry. Please don't disown me or throw me out, I really need you just now. Me and Mark were carful but things didn;t work the way they should.
I've thought and thought about it and I know in my heart I can't abort it. I even made an appointment but couldn't go through with it. I know this is going to drastically change my life and it will be hard but I've got to try. I do promise you though I will do everything I can to stay in university and becaome a lawyer - its my dream - i just need help.
Mark said he'd stick by me and help me. He told his mum and she said she'd help us, but I really need your help. This is one of the hardest things I;ve ever had to tell you because I know I;ve hurt you and disappointed you. Please, please, please don't throw me out, I know this was an accident and I'm so scared but I can't do it whtout you. I have thought about it and I know I can't get rid of it - that was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I promise I won't throw my life away and I'll make something of myself one day. Please still love me and help me, I'm so scared and so so sorry.
I love you, Amy.

its best if you tell her, and the letter seems fine, some mums just need time to get over it (mine took a week!) but most arnt as mellodramatic as my mum lol
Good luck xx

I think your letter sounds fine hun. I also wrote my mum a letter. Please remember like someone else said, it may take a while for her to accept it for for it to sink in so if at first you dont get the reaction you like please dont give up. She will come around in the end x

no mum will be able to resist that letter, i nearly welled up just reading it :blush:
i think you have said everything you need to and shown you know what you're getting yourself into etc..
very best of luck & let us know how it goes :hugs: xxx

Good luck hun, your letter made me well up (lol!) and I hope that your mum is understanding enough to come around for you.

lol I was almost crying writing it, pregnancy hormones. I also discovered I have put on weight </3 lol. I just hope my mum knows how sorry I am and how much I need her.

aw that letters perfect hun . Fingers crossed she takes it lightly , i don't see how she could be mad with something so heartfelt as that . Goodluck and that's great how you've got your boyfriends mums support . X

Sorry to butt in from WTT :)P) but just to say that letter is fantastic hun :hugs: it made me cry, and I don't even have pregnancy hormones to blame! I'm sure she'll appreciate your honesty and openness about it all - good luck :hugs: xxxx

i think you should tell your mom however your comfortable with. i know how hard it is to tell them in person. i told my mom in person and it was so hard. the letter sounds perfect to be honest. i dont know how she'll ever get to mad with a letter like that.

im happy to hear his mom's being supportive of your guy's choice to keep the baby.

hope everything works out with you and your mom.
let us know how it goes .. good luck hun with everything!

good luck hopefully she does understand (((((hugs))))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->