How does your baby sleep?

Amour

Reaction score
My DD is a dream but if I could be greedy I would like to improve her sleeping habits :blush:

We are currently bed sharing as she wakes up when I put her in cot and if she doesn't she doesn't sleep for long alone. So taking naps sleeps in my arms and then if I'm lucky sometimes she will allow me to lay her down on her mat but only on her chest. Also she will only nod off after breastfeeding.

On tips on putting babies to sleep in the cot/crib without awaking them and putting them down to sleep without the need of the booby?

No ideas on putting baby down awake, he still nurses to sleep. My mom can rock him to sleep, but not me. What I did was nurse him wrapped in a small fleece blanket, then he'd fall asleep and I could transfer him to the crib in the blanket, it seemed to ease the transition :shrug:

When I put her down I keep her against my body as long as I can, and then once she is down I will keep my hands under her for a minute or two and then slowly pull them out. Usually works to keep her asleep. :)

I also rocked and patted her gently on her diaper instead of feeding to sleep since she was about a month old. Now I just hold her until she drifts off.

Hold 20 mins till in deep sleep before transferring. As for putting down awake it too is ages and ages to get to that stage.

No ideas on putting baby down awake, he still nurses to sleep. My mom can rock him to sleep, but not me. What I did was nurse him wrapped in a small fleece blanket, then he'd fall asleep and I could transfer him to the crib in the blanket, it seemed to ease the transition :shrug:

Thanks, that's a good idea cause you wouldn't have your arm right under them which makes it hard to put them down, I think the blanket makes it less noticeable to them that you've put them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->