How early can I test with 10miu IC's ???

notquitesure

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

CD14 today. Had cramping and a heavy, bloated feeling yesterday which I have put down to ovulation (ran out of OPK's on CD9 !!!).

I have 20 10miu internet cheapies as I am a POAS-a-holic !

It's my birthday on 17th (CD20 / 7DPO)... what are my chances of getting a BFP then ?

We DTD on CD6, 9 and 13 (so far !)

Thanks guys :hugs:

if im honest hun doubtful but no harm in trying good luck cherub!! xx

Sorry to disappoint but at 7DPO I'd say a BFP is seriously unlikely, don't spoil your birthday!

Hope you get your BFP as a late birthday present!x x x

I would wait until 14dpo just to save the tests. Good luck and hope it's a BFP! :hugs:

This is how it works. A level of about 5miu is considered not pregnant.

When you implant (which is at the very earliest at 5 dpo) you could presume you have 1-5 miu hcg (its supposed to be 0, but bare with me)
If hcg doubles every 48hours and you start with 5miu then by 7 dpo (implanting at 5 dpo) you would be at 10miu and possibly get a positive.

However, people usually implant 7-10 dpo. Which means the earliest you could get a BFP would be between 9 and 12 dpo. Some people take longer than this to double hcg and that is why many people do not get a BFP til 14 dpo or even more.

That means that with a 10miu you need to be at least 2-3 days after implantation.
Good luck - if you don't mind getting many BFNs then go ahead and test early - hey POAS is fun after all and you may get lucky, otherwise wait at least til about 12-14 dpo.

i want to know the same thing we have been trying for baby no 3 for 3 months now so hopefully we get it this month

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo.png?d=1285390800;7;28;14

I think there is quite a huge difference between DPO7 and DPO9. If you check out pregnancy test results on the link of my ticker you will see it.

I would say DPO9 with a very senstive test is likely gives a positive result. DPO7 is only if you are really very lucky.
(I know it is easier said then done - I'm yet only on DPO4 but I don't think I can manage to wait another week!!!:winkwink:

You wont get anythin at 7DPO hun so don't even bother testing. I wouldn't rely on the IC as this post will show. I got my :bfp: but it was much clearer with a FRER (25miu) than it was with a the IC, in fact you can barely see a line and all the pics where taken on the same day.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-tests/432236-difference-between-tests-pics.html

Relax and enjoy your birthday and test 10DPO at the earliest.

I got a :BFP: 7 DPO with 10 miu sticks. It was faint, but very clearly there...and yes, I'm sure of my ovulation day.

I got a :BFP: 7 DPO with 10 miu sticks. It was faint, but very clearly there...and yes, I'm sure of my ovulation day.

Congrats! You must be one of those rare people that implanted at 5dpo. :thumbup:

This thread is 7 years old, though. :lol:

Hi everyone,

CD14 today. Had cramping and a heavy, bloated feeling yesterday which I have put down to ovulation (ran out of OPK's on CD9 !!!).

I have 20 10miu internet cheapies as I am a POAS-a-holic !

It's my birthday on 17th (CD20 / 7DPO)... what are my chances of getting a BFP then ?

We DTD on CD6, 9 and 13 (so far !)

Thanks guys :hugs:

I, too, am a POAS-aholic and always hate when people get high and mighty against that kind of thing. I've been pregnant twice, 1 awesome little man and one MC. I got VFPs by 8dpo in both cases with the 10MIUs. I'm a scientist and would continue to test to watch it darken by day and by circumstance (FMU or not, etc.). So, gl all, but it's far from "unlikely" in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->