How early can you really get a positive pregnancy test result?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

This is going to seem like a silly question but were ttc baby number 2 and I ovulated a couple of days ago, we've dtd at the right time and now it's the 2 week wait I suppose but I have a big family party this weekend and don't want to drink if there's a chance I could be pregnant

By Saturday I'll be 6 dpo, if I done a pregnancy test on Saturday and I was pregnant do you think there's any chance it could show up or would that be way too early to test?

Thanks
T x

I think the earliest i have ever heard of a faint bfp was 8dpo. 10 days is still early, but that is the day i got all of my BFP's. just enjoy yourself. :)

I think the theoretical earliest would be 7 DPO, that's if the blasto implanted right at 6 DPO (the earliest possible) and started pumping out high levels of hCG right away. It's pretty unlikely that this would happen, so I think a much more realistic date to start testing is 8 DPO. I got my LSPs at 8 DPO with both of my kiddos

You are totally ok to drink. At only 6DPO it is likely implanting hasn't occurred and a little bit of alcohol will not harm the fertilized egg as it travels down. I just wouldn't get drunk but a glass of wine or two or a couple of beers will be fine. Lots of women drink and then find out later they are pregnant and the babies come out totally fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->