How early did you start feeling Braxton Hicks?

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
I've been getting them now since just after 20 weeks, and now at 22 weeks, have them daily (mostly hourly!). Really curious if this is common! With my first, I didn't get them till the end of the 3rd tri.

I dont think i got them last time but i think i ve had them a few times now with this one (tho im not 100% sure). I sorta shocked me and felt like i was trying to hold my belly in or something

It was from about 22 weeks for me I think but I really only started really noticing and knowing what they where in about 25 weeks. You can get them from 6 weeks I read somewhere, then read somewhere else that it was 16 weeks you got them from. I have had about 3 a day for about a week here. Ok not every day.

I never had any braxton hicks contractions...its sorta strange to hear about them as i have no idea what they're like LOL

I never had any braxton hicks contractions...its sorta strange to hear about them as i have no idea what they're like LOL

It's kind of like the feeling you get when baby is big and trying to have a stretch and pushes out against you, but the pressure grows and extends over your whole belly. I know that's vague!!

i dont know if im getting them..but i sometimes get a sharp pain ..so sharp that i need to holdmy stomach...im 18 weeks...but it goes away withing seconds...ive only have it like maybe twice a week...but i dont know if thats blaxton hicks..can anyone tell me?

I have no idea what they even are... can you really get them from 16 weeks on??? ohhhhhh that is SCARY!!!!!!!! i am 16 weeks now eeeeeep :S

hmmm...I'm 34 weeks and I havent gotten any..

i've been having bh since i was 17 weeks shocked me at first because my other pregnancies they didn't start till i was in 3rd tri.

It's kind of like the feeling you get when baby is big and trying to have a stretch and pushes out against you, but the pressure grows and extends over your whole belly. I know that's vague!!

Really?? Strange, I didn't get them at all during my pregnancy. I guess I'll have to wait for #2 to see what they're like :D

I had them through all my pregnancies. You can feel your belly go hard and tight when you get the hicks contraction. I had them bad with my 1st daughter

I had my first last night. Really freaked me out! x

how early can you get them and where on you belly are they usually? i am getting pains like a quick stabbing pain on my lower belly on the left hand side. usually last about a sec or 2 than goes away.... i dont know what it is or what is causing it :( it hurts and i wanna know that everything is ok?
I am 16 weeks and 2 days i think ;)

this is my 3rd pregnancy and im getting them every day and theyre quite strong!!!! i didnt have them at all in my previous 2 babas

My belly hardens then eases up if those are them

ive started getting them today, i thought it was too early, i just logged on to start a thread to see when they should start roughly and stumbled on this one, i didnt get them at all with my first pregnancy and not until much later with number 2 xx

I started noticing them a couple weeks ago. They aren't so bad...

So glad to hear others get them this early. I was getting pretty concerned, especially with how frequent they are!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->