How early is too early?

dakotadawn

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I was just thinking about when FH and I are thinking of possibly starting TTC. I was actually kind of shocked to realize it might be like... 2017 or 2018... Which seems REALLY soon, and holy crap where do I start?!

So I was wondering what you thought about when would be too early to start planning? Also, what things are you doing to prepare? Are you buying anything? Are you just Pinteresting everything you see? What are you doign to prepare, and how early did you start, or do you plan to start?

It'll be really interesting to see what you all have to say! Thanks! :happydance:

I'm taking prenatal vitamins, because they seemed even better than multi vitamins by looking at what's in them and that could help future fertility. Also getting into shape and eating better. I read the book 'what to expect BEFORE you're expecting' and it gives a good list of things you can do to prepare. Helped me a lot.

Oh! I haven't heard of that book! I'll have to look in to that.

Yeah I love it, my mom gave it to me, because I think she REALLY wants a grandchild soon. Haha!

I took a more relaxed approach... My daughter was what I call a wanted surprise. I wasn't actively trying, I was more NTNP but hadn't admitted it to myself yet in my young innocence so I was surprised to find out I was pregnant despite not . Sounds stupid now but we were thrilled and I went CRAZY learning all about pregnancy, how the baby is developping, birthing, getting what I needed, babywearing, breastfeeding, etc while pregnant. 9 months of crazy was enough, I wouldn't wish to have started years in advance. For my son, I started thinking I might want to TTC in December2010 approx so I stopped birth control, starting taking pre-natal vitamins and that was that until I got my BFP and started gradually getting baby items ready. I was a little last minute in that as well, relying on my "feeling" that I wasn't going to have him soon, I bought some stuff the week he was due (he was 1 week late).

2017-2018 IS coming soon, and time passes so freakin' fast! But don't get stressed out and obsessed yet if you can help it! You'll have plenty of time for that in 2017-2018 and during the pregnancy! When it comes to WTT, 2-3 years can end up feeling like a long time if you think about it too much so if you can, don't and reboot these thoughts in a couple years, for your own sanity :)

I would try not to get too obsessed yet. I still have a year and a half to go and it is hard. I try to eat as healthy as I can. I think it is better to try to stay busy and not obsess about it all the time. It makes waiting so much easier.

I started looking at baby stuff at my last job in 2011 when my coworker was pregnant, I started looking at baby stuff in secret for a little bit. I'd just met my husband at the time then we moved in, bought a house, got engaged, and got married! That put the baby bug out of my head. I was fine until 2013 when I became super broody and started researching like crazy. I picked out cribs, clothes, car seats, everything! Then I started my masters degree in 2014 and my broodiness subsided through last year. Although during the summer i went a bit nuts again and even went to some baby stores and looked through the stuff there. I bought a baby gift for a relative of my husbands but didn't manage to get it to her...so I kept it. Shhhh! It's a onesie with a lobster on it. ;) Omg it's so cute! I will be trying in 2016 so...I will have been planning for five years total by the time we start trying.

So, you look to be on the same time frame as me when I started. Plan away, if it's in your nature it's fun and cathartic I think.

Similar story...I wanted a Greyhound for fifteen years. I always planned what kind I would get, color, gender, what I would name it. I even went online and looked at pretty collars I would buy. I did that on and off for fifteen years! Omg! I eventually ended up adopting my Greyhound two years ago, and it's been a dream come true. I kind of think of it the same way, I approach those sort of dreams by planning theoretical scenarios.

I started looking at baby stuff at my last job in 2011 when my coworker was pregnant, I started looking at baby stuff in secret for a little bit. I'd just met my husband at the time then we moved in, bought a house, got engaged, and got married! That put the baby bug out of my head. I was fine until 2013 when I became super broody and started researching like crazy. I picked out cribs, clothes, car seats, everything! Then I started my masters degree in 2014 and my broodiness subsided through last year. Although during the summer i went a bit nuts again and even went to some baby stores and looked through the stuff there. I bought a baby gift for a relative of my husbands but didn't manage to get it to her...so I kept it. Shhhh! It's a onesie with a lobster on it. ;) Omg it's so cute! I will be trying in 2016 so...I will have been planning for five years total by the time we start trying.

So, you look to be on the same time frame as me when I started. Plan away, if it's in your nature it's fun and cathartic I think.

Similar story...I wanted a Greyhound for fifteen years. I always planned what kind I would get, color, gender, what I would name it. I even went online and looked at pretty collars I would buy. I did that on and off for fifteen years! Omg! I eventually ended up adopting my Greyhound two years ago, and it's been a dream come true. I kind of think of it the same way, I approach those sort of dreams by planning theoretical scenarios.

I am the same way, but don't want to wait anymore, I'm barely patient enough, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->