How evenly spread are boys and girls in your family?

Broody85

Reaction score
I was just talking to OH about how I'm convinced my first born will be a boy and we got onto the subject if we had say all boys or all girls. Both of our families have a pretty good mixture of boys and girls.

My mam is an only child. My dad is one of 6...3 boys and 3 girls.

My Dad had: Girl, girl, boy
Aunty Margaret: Girl, girl, boy
Aunty Linda: Girl, girl, boy
Aunty Judith: Boy, boy
Uncle Gordon: Girl, boy, boy
Uncle Billy: Girl, Boy

So my grandparents had 8 grandaughters and 8 grandsons :thumbup:

So how evenly spread are the girls and boys in your family? Are you convinced you will have any particular sex child in any particular order. I think I will have boy, boy, girl :)

I'm one of four, with a sister and two brothers, and OH has a brother. I'd like to think that my next will be a little girl, just because there are no girls in OH's family:winkwink:

I'm one of 5. I have 3 sisters and one brother. But my grandad had 5 sons and 4 daughters (he was a womaniser) out of 23 cousins there are only 4 boy cousins. I have 4 nephew and summer is the only girl. Yeah I have a large family full of women mainly

My Mum is one of two girls and a boy, I have no idea about my Dad's siblings, there are loads of them! I think there are more girls than boys though. Hubby's Dad is one of 5 girls and 2 boys. My parents had one girl and one boy, as did hubby's parents (hubby's mum then went on to have another girl and boy). My brother has one son.

Me and hubby are hoping for two children, one boy and one girl. Fingers crossed! I'd love a girl first.

:blush: well let me see,

My mum and dad, one girl and two boys
Uncle John seven, three girl, four boys
Auntie maria one girl, two boys,
Uncle joe one boy
Uncle dee (rip :cry: ) one girl, two boys
Uncle patrick(half uncle), two girls(one rip) and a boy
Uncle steven, one girl, two boys.
Aunt feefee one boy
Uncle paul none
Uncle phillip one htc boy

I already have a son. Out of my cousins, one is pregnant with her fourth... One girl two boys. The other has a son and is just pregnant again!

Sooooooo... Eighteen boys and eight girls.... And I'm hoping for a pink bundle...:kiss: but it sounds unlikely...

Do you think these things even run in families or it really is just random?

I hope not because we have an overstocked of boys in my family.... My sons dying to get any excuse for pink into his life!

Hey Broody!

I think it is more down to your husband's family traits as the gender of a baby is determined on whether the sperm is carrying an X chromosome or a Y chromosome. The egg is always an X - so when the egg is fertilised it becomes either XX (girl) or boy (XY). If there is a prevalence of boys in your husband's family, it is possibly that you might have a lot of boys or vice versa (but not necessarily).

On my husband's side:

In his generation: two boys
In his Dad's generation: two boys and a girl

And we have two boys! So who knows, if we have another baby - maybe a girl! In my side of the family, I am one of three girls.

Good luck!

xxx

His family is pretty evenly spread as well, let's hope I get at least one of each (although in reality I really don't care as long as they are happy and healthy :) ) x

On my side;

Grandmother and grandfather: 3 girls
My mother: 2 girls and 1 stillborn boy
Auntie #1: 2 boys
Auntie #2: 2 boys
My father: Me and 1 boy
Auntie #3: 1 boy and 1 girl
Auntie #4: 1 boy and 1 girl
My sister: 4 girls and 3 boys
My niece: 1 girl
Me: 1 boy

On my OH's side (that I know of)

Father and mother: 3 boys
Brother #1: 1 boy
My OH: 1 boy

From what I remember I think gender is determined by the sperm so I'm not surprised we had a boy.

I think there's alot more boys, let me write it out :p

My mum had - Boy, girl, girl, boy, girl
My auntie Jo had - boy, girl, girl, boy
My auntie Kate had - girl
My Uncle Mark had - boy, girl
My nan had - boy, girl, girl, girl

So my nan and grandad have 12 grand children xD

So the trend seems to be boys then girls x

I have SO many girls in my family in fact my brother is the last one to be able to pass on the name, so if he doesnt have a son thats it lol!

I have 1 brother 2 sisters (3 girls 1 boy)
my father has 4 sisters (so 1 boy 4 girls)
my mum has 3 sisters (4 girls)
I wont go through all my aunts and cousins as I have a very large family but I have 26 first cousins and only 3 are boys! One of my aunts had 9 kids (7 girls 2 boys)

so im banking on having a girl lol! two of my cousins were pg and gave birth in Aug I bet OH that they were both girls and he wouldnt believe me saying at least ONE has to be a boy... low and behold two more little girls were added to our family this august! :haha:

It's the man's sperm that determines whether you have a boy or a girl, the woman doesn't really play much part in the gender. Although they say female sperms are better at surviving in acidic conditions than male sperms. So if you are a little more acidic when you bd then it's more likely to be a girl. But it's not really a hereditary thing, not on the woman's side anyway! They say if you want a girl then you should try in the few days before you ovulate because female sperms last longer than male sperms (but are slower).

It's quite funny because in the olden days a man would blame the woman if she didn't give him a son. Though it turns out that it was their fault all along!

I'm a bit worried how much stuff I know about sperm. :blush:

EDIT: Oops - I have just seen poppy and sequeena already mentioned about the sperm determining gender.

my dads side of the family had all girls, and he had all girls.

my mom is 3 girls and a boy. my mom had two girls and one aunt had two boys and a girl, and the other one girl three boys

so pretty spaztic on my moms side

poor dad's line wont carry on the last name.

My dad's parents only had two kids, him and his sister so one boy, one girl.

My mom's parents had three girls including my mom.

My dad and mom had myself and my sister - 2 girls
My dad's sister had 1 boy, 2 girls

One of my mom's sisters had 3 boys
My mom's other sister had 1 boy, 1 girl.

So on my side of the family girls have been more likely.

On OH's side of the family he was one of four, all boys. Only one of his brothers has had kids and they have two girls.

Do you think these things even run in families or it really is just random?

I remember asking my science teacher (who was a dr actually not a standard teacher lol) and he said it was completely and utterly random, there is no hereditary thing that determines sex, so if you have 20 boys it's coincidence. Obviously as others have mentioned sperm determines the sex, I am tempted to try the sex before ovulation thing to try and help get a girl next time as I'd love one of each :)

My dad is the middle of 3 boys, My mother is the middle of 2 girls and one boy. Her siblings, my aunt and uncle, went on to have 2 girls and one boy (aunt), and 2 girls (uncle).
My dad's older brother also had a boy and a girl.
My grandmothers only have one girl each xD So there are generally more girls on both sides... So that is what makes me really want my first child to be a girl - I suppose because I can relate to that gender more in terms of how I was brought up. :)

Did I mention I have two sisters, one older and one younger? LOL.

My mum is 1 of 3 girls and 1 boy.
Dad has 3 sisters.

I am 1 of 6 girls.
OH is 1 of 2 boys and 2 girls.
We had a little girl.

So my side is mainly girls and I had a girl. But in saying that my sister had a little boy..

So I think its just completely random.

My grandparents dads side/6 boys
My grandparents moms side/4 boys 1 girl
Dans grandparents dads side/2 boys
Dont know his moms side
Dans parents/2 boys
My parents/2 boys 2 girls
My sister/3 boys 1 girl
Me and OH/2 boys 2 girls.

So grand tally from my parents generation to my kids...

21 boys/ 6 girls :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"