How far ahead, is planning too far ahead?

FinallyHappy

Reaction score
Okie, Hi my name is Stacy and kinda new on here, and to any sort of pregnancy/planning for pregnancy site. I have a question, and that is, as the tittle says, how far ahead, is planning too far ahead, sounds weird. Anyways I really want a child, so does my bf of 5 years, but being that were in our early and mid twentys we are waiting, we still have a lot of kinks in our lives, as our first shot we gave life in our teens we royaly messed up. So the fact is we aren't having kids for a few years, the question is, is this to far ahead for me to be thinking about it. Like I'm not throwing names around or buying clothes yet or pushing the topic with my bf. I just don't know if its weird that I think about having a baby, and read parenting magazines and am interested in it so early on, before even being close to pregnant. or evem trying to get pregnant.
Anyways thanks for reading my awkward question, I am not very good at writing this stuff. Take Care!

There's nothing wrong with thinking about what you want in life in any way.

I think lots of women hide how much they want kids from there partners. It's in our DNA to want them!

I mean, even before we had kids, I noticed babies, baby clothes adverts, books etc!

It's not too soon to be thinking about babies. There are ladies on WTT board that are single and waiting for Mr Right on top of WTT.

It's not weird :)

:)

There's nothing wrong with knowing what you want in life! To be honest I've got a general idea of what I want over the next ten years, I know things don't always go to plan and things get in the way but that's fine! I'll adapt as I go along!
Maybe you could talk to your oh about future plans? You must be very comfortable talking to him about most things after 5 years!
:flower:

It's not strange, I've been with bf for over 6 years, and we are 22 and 23 and I've been ready for kids since I was 19/20. We are talking about the future and saving up for our first house :)
So I don't see anything wrong with planning ahead. Things change but so do we and we just need to adapt as we go along!

In my head I want to start TTC August 2014. But I first have to convince OH, and ideally we need to have our first house. So that in general may take longer. I think it is just the way women think, to have babies, tends to come first for women. Long before all the reasoning such as housing and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->