How far along am I really?

jmv16

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and hoping you might be able to help me. Went to the DR today for my first visit. LMP was Oct 3 and I'm quite regular, not tracking ovulation, but can usually tell within a day or two of when it is. Thought things would be on track to be 6.5 weeks b/c period/ovulation seemed on track, plus I did a pg test the day AF was due that was positive. But DR did quick u/s today and said I'm measuring around 5.5 weeks. Baby was too small to see or get a hb. Which date do I go by? And should I be worried about not hearing the hb? Is it possible to conceive and have a positive pg test (and the start of some symptoms) one week later?
Thanks all!

I would stick to the lmp until 8-13 weeks when they do an accurate dating scan. It's still to early to date it just yet. All babies grow at a different rate. ;)

NOT to worry. My husband is a dr. He told me +/- a week on scan is very common. BB will pick up with the growth later. It's still quite early at this point of time. =)

Of course I've been worrying too much about this now. But thanks for your help ladies, you've put me at ease a little!

My LMP was September 5 so I should be 11 weeks along now but my last scan I measured 2 weeks behind where I ought to be so I'm going with their measuring scan (which was done at 6 or 8 weeks depending on how you look at it.) I fully expect to change my due date at the next scan but its not til 20 weeks!!

With both my girls pregnancys i new roughly my dates. Both times i had early scans and both times i was put back a week. then both times at my 12 week scan i had made the time back up agagin. Infact my dd2 i was put forward a week. So made up 2 weeks. It isnt exact and they measure in mm. Think how easily they could be out with mm.

This happened to me in my first pregnancy. Its pretty common. The dr will go by the u/s for your due date, but if you go back for an 8 week or 10 week scan then that date could change. I wouldn't worry about it. Afterall no one REALLY knows when conception actually takes place. Best of luck to you:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->