How far along is really that amount?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Makeupdubai, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Makeupdubai

Makeupdubai Well-Known Member

Hey,

Im confused..How far along like if according to your period you are almost 4 weeks....how far along are u really? last period was july 22 nd. Sooo as far as seeing things on a scan coz i think u can see something a sac, at 4 weeks. but does this mean 4 weeks according to ur period or 4 weeks according to conception?

2. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

You are 4 weeks pregnant but actually conceived 2 weeks ago. Doctors date it from first day of last period. But conception roughly takes place 14 days before your next period.
    So.... in medical terms you're 2 weeks pregnant. But docs say you're 4. Hope I haven't confused you . LOL.

3. Mum2bewaiting

Mum2bewaiting Mummy to DS & an angel

As to how far alon u are it depended when u ovulated, my lmp was 23rd july, but my lp was only around 12-13 days I think so I am expecting to be further behind than my edd is...

As for the scan I have no idea, I guess between 6-8 weeks pregnant

4. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

P.S.. like my ticker says i'm 5 weeks 4 days.. but the baby is in fact only 3 weeks 4 days old. But it's a whole process from menstruation to conception which they take into account.