How far along were your first high risk OB appt?

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
Six weeks pregnant with #2! Had my blood drawn today and HCG was 7,088miu! Went ahead and filled out all the paperwork at my OB, and scheduled my first prenatal appt. They scheduled my first apt for when I'm 11 weeks. I will be high risk due to severe preeclampsia and induction/ emergency csection @34 weeks with #1. I'm just curious, if I'm high risk wouldn't they want to see me sooner and discuss things that should be done in this pregnancy to try to avoid pre-e again? I left a message with the nurse to discuss meds and stuff, so I will see what she says when she calls

My referral will go in to high risk at 10 weeks. I had a problem free first pregnancy. Last pregnancy I was automatically high risk because of twins, but then my cervix was completely effaced at 20 weeks and ended up delivering at 21 weeks. I'll be getting a cervical stitch at 12 weeks though so I believe that is why I go at 10 weeks. Probably depends on case by case basis. Hope you get some answers from your doc :)

I was high risk with daughter and my regular OB saw me weekly from week 5. I saw the perinatologist at 12 weeks for the first time. I suppose every office is different.

I was also risk of premature labour for my last pregnancy after spontaneously delivering at 25 weeks with the previous pregnancy. The high risk clinic didn't see me until 17 weeks and I was panicking. They did have the 12 week NT scan measure my cervix though. I was seen weekly from 20-36 weeks when I was induced due to placental failure.

Have you received an update from your doctor about when you will be going in? I'm getting mixed signals from mine now. My OB is on maternity leave so my information was coming from her nurse. Sounds like I may be going a little earlier than 10 weeks just so that I'm established.

I'm high risk because of a number of issues and mine is the day after my 12 week scan xx

The nurse called me back and didn't mention anything about needing to be seen earlier even tho she looked at my chart and saw my history. So I guess 11 weeks is just fine. My first scan will be same day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->