How frequently to have intercourse

snazz

Reaction score
So me and DH are DTD daily and I'm a little tired...yesterday my ovulation kit finally tested positive and still positive today so I don't want to lose steam now...

But then I read that doing it daily actually harms your chances because it decreases the sperm count!? I don't want to stop now because I'm actually ovulating, but I feel a little stupid for not knowing this earlier :( And some websites say doing it daily is best?? I don't know!

i believe that DTD every other day-----> as in every 2-3 days is best for conception koz it lets the sperm in the male build up again and to be strong... years ago i was ttc with my current husband and we did it every day for 3/4 months with no luck at all!!... and atm i am doing it every other day... koz sperm can last up to 7 days in the uterus! gluck hun xoxo

Yes, every other day is generally the rule. But even my fertility doc suggests every day the few days around O time.

And actually, the average life span of sperm is about 3-5 days. They could possibly live up to seven days but it's extremely rare. Either way, BD'ing 2-3 days before ovulation is a good window of time to conceive. It's always best to have the sperm waiting for the egg rather than having them attempt to find the egg while it's on it's way out.

Sperm regenerates every 72 hours I think from memory. I dtd every second to third day :)

We DDT every other day as sperm generally live between 2 to 4 days in fertile mucus. On a rare occasion some may survive 5 days.

I think every other day is the best. We never manage that often as my husband works shifts and we are both so tired by the end of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->