How Have Your OH's Been During Pregnancy

peanutsmommy

Mommii Of 1 & Fiance
Reaction score
Just Curious How Have Your OH's Dealt With Your Pregnancy So Far As Far As Them Being Supportive Unsupportive Excited Ect ...

mine has been pretty supportive. he has his moments where he gets a little irritated, but hes told me thats only because of all the complications we've had and he hates seeing me go through it.

mines been great goes out at stupid 0'clock to get me food, rubs my back all night if it hurts, does anything i ask lol

MY Oh was excited about the baby and really supportive when it came to buying baby stuff, and doing the nursery but generally less suportive to me..

Im very angry at the way he has treated me during this time.. I understand you were having problems with your OH are you ok now? xx

so far i have put my foot down with him and he's been acting different i think he now see's that me being alone with my daughter is completely ok with me so he's finally opening his eyes but in the end i still migh want to be alone my situation is kind of like yours he's supportive of the baby stuff but not very much to me

i know how u feel.. mine is supportive of the baby stuff.. but than again he is not supportive of me and has not been since after the first trimester.. i was really sick in beginning and he did all the cleaning and cooking, but after that Oh my did he turn into the devil himself... always fighting with me.. oh u don't even want to know the whole story.. it makes people mad lol.. he was even excited bout baby in beginning and now he has no interest.. he won't even feel the baby or watch my belly when she kicks or moves.. its sad and it kills me.. but at end of month i am moving in with my grandparents cause i am done!

My OH has been so amazing and supportive and he is so happy and excited to be having a baby . I have been very lucky to have his support and love, Dont get me wrong we all have our moments and there are times we do fight and disagree but that is normal in any relationship, But my OH has been the best through the pregnancy and very understanding .

My DH has been amazing, he has been so supportive and can't do enough for me, as for the baby shopping well he hates shopping at the best of times so we discussed everything and looked at catalogues at home, decided everything we wanted then I split the shopping in two and went with my mum and his mum, it worked out really well and everyone was happy. He is used to being so supportive due to my disability but god he has been amazing, though is getting very scared at the moment, bless him, take care :hugs: XX

At the start my oh was useless. I felt i was on myown and having to deal with everything single handedly. But from about 20 weeks my oh has been great, really supportive and unbelievbly excitited!

Considering he's only 18, he's been brilliant. He buys everything we want/need, builds wardrobes/drawers/cots even though he's never built furniture in his life.

He does everything we need him too x

My OH has been so amazing and supportive and he is so happy and excited to be having a baby . I have been very lucky to have his support and love, Dont get me wrong we all have our moments and there are times we do fight and disagree but that is normal in any relationship, But my OH has been the best through the pregnancy and very understanding .

Ditto! My DH has been brilliant. He will do anything for me (mind you, he was like that before I was pregnant!). I know that I am really lucky to have him and I love him to bits! :hugs:

Mine's been really excited and supportive, he ll help me in the house and clean the floors etc etc ...
But he is not so much into the "feel her kick" thing, he has felt her kick and last week he just happened to see my bump move totally and thats about it in that department...
He ll say things like : I ve already felt her move :dohh:
I think for some men the "there is something living inside you" is just freaky :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My OH has been absolutely awesomely fantastic!! Both to me and to the whole pregnancy thing. He is soooo excited, cant do enough, does anything and everything he is asked, never gets fed up of me moaning, lets me cry when I need to cry, blow off steam when I need to and is there for me all the time.

To be fair, he is like that anyway, whether I am pregnant or not, but he has really surpassed himself this last 7 months.

I am so so lucky and I am the first to realise this. I just wish everyones OH treated them the way he does me.

God, I love that man SO much!!!

xxx

My Dh was great in the beginning, then in the second trimester he was a nightmare - I think he was having fears about his ability to "provide for the family" for the rest of his future, and was pining for his simpler bachelor life, and was full of contempt for me, for I was the cause of all of his problems (according to him). After lots of talking about it (and incredible amounts of patience on my part), he figured it out, and realized that a) this is the natural progression of things and the natural result of the decisions that he made, so I am not a she-devil for ruining his life (he's 36) and b) that he makes assumptions and guesses and has all sorts of negative thoughts that really affect his moods and the way that he treats me.

In any case, it's been a long and winding road, but now as we enter 3rd trimester, he's back to being great. I still call him on what I am guessing he's thinking ("You seem stressed - what's going on?") and he's working really hard to be honest with me in his responses (rather than just saying "it's fine."). It has worked really well so far, so crossing fingers!!!

This must all be to increase our level of patience when we are exhausted and not feeling all that hot, right?

Good luck all!

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back