How have your pregnancies differed so far?

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
My first DS was a pretty low key pregnancy, barely any sickness just the smell of fried food etc.. had a small bleed at about 13 weeks I think but all was fine. Got sciatica at around 30 weeks. Bad skin and greasy hair.

2nd Ds couldnt of been more different - HG from 6 weeks until nearly 20.. 2 hospital trips, but good skin and non greasy hair. No sciatica either.

So this time I'm wondering if i'll ever be able to guess.. so far been feeling nauseous since 5.5 weeks, bad cramps and pains. Did have boob pains etc but that seems to have gone. Oh and i tasted metal for once a couple of weeks ago too.

The only thing that seems the same is I always avoid the same foods (not sure if thats just because i related to the previous pregnancy or just what I avoid generally when i feel sick??

This is my fifth pregnancy. I have four kids who are all very close in age. All of my pregnancies have been different. Actually, they've had enough similarities that I was able to guess the baby's sex correctly because I had nausea only until 11 weeks or less with my sons and MS throughout first and second tri (so far) with my daughters. And with my sons, I had no breast pain, but I had it throughout the whole pregnancy with my daughters (so far - I'm pregnant with my second girl right now). Ugh. But other than that, allllll different. I've had nausea with some, vomiting with some, food aversions with some, different cravings with each and one with no cravings, different weight distribution, different appearances to my bump, different skin changes, etc. One similarity they all had was my SPD and hip dysplasia, but that's gonna happen to me as soon as relaxin kicks in no matter what.

My food aversions, even now at 21 weeks, change by the day, but I haven't wanted meat throughout this entire pregnancy. I had the same with my first pregnancy, but I was over it at 11 weeks with that one. Just maddening! I do wish I knew what to expect from myself during pregnancies, but nope. Every day is a new adventure. lol. Enjoy your pregnancy and all the differences.

Ive had 2 boys. Both pregnancy symptoms wise were easy. Ds 1 found out at 8 weeks total 5 pikes, some boobs in 1st tri and tiredness. Wasn't working so I found it easier. 2nd pregnancy 1 puke total, found out at 4 weeks, extreme tiredness but was working 40+ hours a week

Im less sick this times. My morning sickness with my previous 2 was aweful. This time not so bad .

Im way more tired though

They have been pretty similar really. The sickness and food aversions have been, anyway. I got headaches and migraines with my first pregnancy but this time they have been more severe and started earlier. I was definitely more tired in the early weeks with this one, probably because I am chasing a toddler around as well as working this time. The second and third trimesters were pretty uneventful with my daughter, so I am hoping for the same!

Mine were the complete opposite of most of the old wives tales regarding symptoms versus gender. My first and third had a heartbeat between 140-150 bpm. Very rarely did it ever get close to 160. Now my DS on the other hand was always 170-180 bpm lol. The only true symptoms versus gender, for me anyways, was cosmetic and was once again the opposite of what the old wives tales predict. With my girls I had clear skin, my fingernails needed cut once a week because they grew so fast and I rarely needed to shave. With my DS I broke out in acne, rarely needed to cut my nails and my hair grew super fast both on my body and my scalp. I remember my hair kept tangling easily from getting thicker.

Dd1 was textbook. Extreme fatigue, morning sickness from 6-12 weeks.

Dd2 was a nightmare. Sick from 5 weeks to the day I delivered, but I had pree with her.

Luke I had no symptoms other than eating more until around 9 weeks I got severe morning sickness morning and night until 14ish weeks, but lost him at 15 weeks :(

This bean I've been more emotional and had more cravings. Main symptoms would be headaches and constantly eating. I've had pretty mild morning sickness from 6 weeks to now, with 8/9 being the worst. Seems to be easing up now.

This pregnancy is a lot different then my first with my son. With my son I was sick up until 13wks. Vomiting constantly off smells and food. Food aversions everywhere. Skin was glowing and bright. This pregnancy 1 bad headache, sore boobs (which I never had) acne everywhere. My skin is dry and constipated. The only thing that's the same btwn my two pregnancies is the insomnia!!

Have no clue what I'm having, this one is nothing like my pregnancy with my son...girl maybe?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->