How honest are you(if you're under charged)

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
If you are under charged in a shop, do you question it so you pay more (the correct amount) or do you just keep quiet?

I went to matalan today, had to go in OHs van as the car has a flat. So got there, put my £1 in the trolley to get one, and they're all rusted together, tried a few trolleys and couldn't get any, so had to go in holding Riley, (as the pram was in the car, not the van)

So I'm struggling round trying to get a present for my nana with out Riley smashing anything, and really struggling, I picked an orchid in a pretty vase (artificial) which was £8, picked a card and a gift bag and let Riley walk to the till as I was struggling to juggle them all, I put the card and the flower in the bag, put them on the till, said there's also a card in there so she wouldn't miss it. Said I was very dissapointed about the condition of the trolled outside as I've now had to struggle round the shop at 38 weeks pregnant and a wriggling toddler! She said oh sorry about that we're always getting complaints :)dohh:) that's £3.25 then, I stuck my card in, and when it actually popped in on the screen £3.25, I then said, £3.25, are you sure? To which she responded, yeh, must have been priced wrong..
So I entered my pin and off I toddled.. Got home and looked at the receipt and she hasn't scanned the flower/vase :dohh:

:shrug:

I'm not very honest. I have been undercharged a few times; like in a restaurant they will only put 2 Cokes on the bill when perhaps we had 4. In a shop I've rarely been undercharged, but if I am, and I notice, I won't mention it. I think though if it was something obvious, I probably would mention it, but for something little I don't think I would bother.

If I find money on the floor, I will hand it in to the till.

I found £1 on a seat I sat on yesterday, and we are so broke I could really have done with that £1; we barely have money to eat right now. But I said to the rest of the people I was with "look what I found on my seat; we can put it towards the bill". I didn't directly benefit; I still paid for my drink.

If I buy something without a price tag on it, and they ask me how much it was, I tell them the truth (if I remember the price).

we went to asda a few weeks back and got some tins and a hammer. She scanned the hammer but not the price tag, but the sticky tag on the hammer so the price never registered. So we got a £4 hammer for free :blush: never realised til we were driving hime and I wondered why the shop was so cheap :haha:

Too honest :haha: Not happened much but when I was shopping in the UK the other went and went into a card shop, bought a few bits, came to like £7 or something low, he gives me back £13 change, I was like huh? I gave you a ten..No you gave me a twenty...I was like oh..Still not convinced I'd given him 20 but ah well lol.
x

I'm honest. Last time we were undercharged at a restaurant, the waitress forgot to charge us for a pop. I told her, Oh, you forgot to charge us for our drink, but she just told us not to worry about it :)

We went asda petrol station once and put 80 in, went to pay told our pump number and it came it 20!! Didn't say anything opps!

I don't say anything unless it's a small independent shop.

I dont say anything... Im not very honest when it comes to that :blush:

Im not very honest. Last month in new look the cashier was busy chatting and he scanned everything bar one £30 top, but he took the security tag off and put it in bag without scanning :S I just acted like I didnt notice lol.

We went asda petrol station once and put 80 in, went to pay told our pump number and it came it 20!! Didn't say anything opps!

Lucky sod!!

Im not very honest no, I would never tell if we had been undercharged but, tbh, I cant remember it ever happening!

Its depends where I was, if it was tesco, Asda or a big chain like that then I would take it and run, but if it was a small local shop then I would say :)

Its depends where I was, if it was tesco, Asda or a big chain like that then I would take it and run, but if it was a small local shop then I would say :)

Yeah thats true. I wouldnt do it in my village. x

Yep i'm honest!

I had an order go missing from NEXT not too long ago so they had to resend it, the original order came and i sent it back!
Another order from NEXT again went missing this week, £100 worth of stuff too. I was on the phone getting them to reorder it and the lady got confused and added 6 pairs of children's boots, rather than 3, so i corrected her. She couldn't believe i was so honest, but i hate doing things like that. I was just happy with getting what i ordered the first time tbh.

Not very honest at all when it comes to that lol... I love getting undercharged! They should concentrate more...

I've been undercharged or given too much change a few times and I always tell them straight away without even thinking about it - and then I get outside and think "oooh me and my big mouth I could have done with that!" So maybe I'm too honest for my own good, lol. xxx

I'm usually in a world of my own and don't notice. I've been undercharged and overcharged loads of times and not realised til we got home and I was just never bothered to go back. If i'm at the counter and the price I'm quoted really doesn't seem right I will say something like ask has everything been scanned right so I suppose I am honest when I pay attention! :)

This happened to me a few weeks ago in Superdrug. I was undercharged by £10. She must not have scanned one of the items correctly. I kept quiet. Opps!

I'm not very honest with things like this, but then again most of the time I don't realise until I get home and then theres no chance of me going back :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->