How honest are you(if you're under charged)

I don't say anything, no matter where it is. UNLESS it's quite an obvious product that I know she's forgotten to scan or something and they will definitely check me before I leave, I wouldn't want them to think I stole it!!

Although I used to work on the till at a store and this woman bought a bunch of plastic cups for like $1.00 each, there was like 10 of them and stupid me was rushing and thought they were a pack of 10 for $1.00 total, so I scanned one cup and this woman was so cocky, she like knew that I'd made a mistake and she got off not paying for the other nine. So, she left to put stuff in her car, came back and went through my line again and did the SAME thing.. thankfully this time I realized and I said to her she had to bring the other cups back so I could charge her for them all. LOL, I bet she totally regrets trying to try it out again another time!

I've done it accidently when I've stuck stuff on a pram, I remember fathers day last year I ended up getting a plaque for free as I completely forgot it was there! To be fair, I did pay for the other 30 odd quids worth of stuff :p

Where i work they hav just opened a shop (discount warehouse type place) and one of the new guys last week charged-
for a 50" plasma tv, all singing, all dancing -

£3.75

I shit you not. He forgot to put the 2 zeros on the end on the card machine, and even happily loaded up the guys car with it and waved him off!

boss was a happy bunny as you can imagine.

I dont' tend to say anything if it is something qutie small.

Where i work they hav just opened a shop (discount warehouse type place) and one of the new guys last week charged-

£3.75

I shit you not. He forgot to put the 2 zeros on the end on the card machine, and even happily loaded up the guys car with it and waved him off!

:rofl: we could do with a new tv, might go there!!

£3.75

:rofl: we could do with a new tv, might go there!!

I think he's learnt his lesson! Hope so anyway!

£3.75

Wow. I nearly did the opposite one time and almost charged a customer $1800 for his coffee :rofl: (The til and debit/credit card machine don't communicate so you have to type the amount in and the zero got stuck) I didn't notice until after I'd swiped his credit card, but fortunately he had a PIN so it could be cancelled. That could have been disastrous lol.

£3.75

Wow. I nearly did the opposite one time and almost charged a customer $1800 for his coffee :rofl: (The til and debit/credit card machine don't communicate so you have to type the amount in and the zero got stuck) I didn't notice until after I'd swiped his credit card, but fortunately he had a PIN so it could be cancelled. That could have been disastrous lol.

It better have been a bloody good cup of coffee for that! :rofl:

It depends on the situation. If its a big chain store then I won't say anything.
I exchanged some clothes in Tescos and wanted to take away some more expensive things but she gave me money back, obviously not scanning some things :dohh:
The amount of money I spend in there (we have £180 clubcard vouchers!) I'm not complaining.

But when I was at uni the small coffee shop forgot to charge me for my sandwich and I told them as I feel that it was a nice thing to do and he thanked me for being honest as he could have lost his job.

the other week at the fireworks we were under charged so I corrected them, she then tried too give me too much change so again I corrected them lol

Depends...small independent stores, I always do...but the rude cashier in aupermarket who moaned when I asked her to take off the tinned pie L had knocked in the trolley didn't get me pointing out she'd also taken off several other things in her ham fisted approach.

She was so rude!

Apologies for massacre of English language in above post!

I will be truthful! Im not very honest when something like this happens, like other people have said, if its a small shop then yes i would correct them but in chain stores no i wouldnt.

The other week, me an OH went to KFC for the family, came to £19 something, as OH was putting his card in the scanning machine, he whispered to me saying that the girl has only charged us £0.09 for the lot, before i knew it she was handing over the food and OH was driving away from the window (drive through)!! we just thought it was our lucky day!

but anything else doesnt really happen to us really!

Im a horrible person i know!!

OH i remembered another one, one time i spent about 40 quid in ELC, they were having issues with their card machine, i had to put my pin in about 20 times, till the point where i nearly had to go get cash, it was just broke for some reason it wasn't accepting payment from anyone! ... well the woman got so annoyed eventually she claimed it had worked! when i didn't think it had the machine still said error or w.e well, the money never came out my bank :p yaya hahah x

I am honest about these things but i think that comes from working in a shop myself.

Because well sell quite high priced jewellery we would get into so much trouble if we undercharged :/ So i hate to think that the person who undercharged me could get into trouble...it also probably comes out of their wages too xx

Sometimes I am honest about it. Other times not so much. We went into Wal-Mart one day and got $40 worth of stuff, I told the cashier that I was going to pay $20 cash & put the rest on my card... he took the $20 then rang the rest off and gave me change back. I left and teased DF that I got a 50% discount because I was cute. Hahah.

I paid in New Look before and I'd got a pair of boots for £25 and 2 tops that were in the sale for £4 each. The total came to £13, no idea how, but I didn't say anything.

Also I got OH loads of clothes from River Island and the guy forgot to scan a belt that was £18, I didn't notice til I looked at the receipt.

I'm not very honest, I've been undercharged quite a few times and have never said anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->