How hot is too hot?

Raqual24

Reaction score
I've heard that overheating during pregnancy is dangerous - but how hot is too hot?

On saturday It was a beautiful warm day outside and we went for a walk with a couple friends along the sea. There was no wind. We walked up a large flight of stairs up the face of a hill and wow, when I got to the top I could not breath and I felt like I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion. I actually blacked out for a couple seconds. I was seriously hot - I would consider that overheating.

But at what poing does one say "now I've had enough"? "I'm geeting too hot now"

I think over-heating is jucuzzi hot, or steam room hot.. Not warm weather hot. People have babies in countries with EXTREMELY hot weather x

yeah, I just thought it was hot tubs or running a fever etc. your body is actually extremely good at maintaining the appropriate temperature under normal circumstances. I actually find exercise a lot harder than before so it might not all be heat exhaustion either if you are climbing up hills. Anyway, you would have cooled down at the top before any harm was done.

I agree with the other. Dangerous hot is steam room hot.:hugs:

yeah i agree with the others,just hot tubs and saunas etc... i went on holiday begining of july i was 9 weeks pregnant and it was boiling every single day i was worried 2 but everyone told me i'd be ok and i was :)

Yes jacuzzis,steam rooms etc
My SIL is in Sicily and just had her baby girl and was pregnant there all summer in 103 degree heat,I couldn't handle that!

in the summer my doctor did tell me to stay out of the sun, so I would ask your doctor.

In part it depends on what you are used to and how your body normally responds to heat. I don't think your recent experience will have caused any harm hun, it's especially dangerous to be in prolonged extreme heat, so you will have cooled down before any harm was done.

That was just your body telling you to slow down a bit. Remember, you're lungs are squished too, making it harder to breath, especially on things like stairs and such. That's probably what you just experienced.
I almost fainted in fast food restaurant once trying to keep up to the pace that I used to walk at. Now I have to keep asking my OH to slow down so I can keep up. I figure its good practice for walking with a LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->