• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How important is it to change bottle teats with age?

Lau88

Reaction score
My daughter will be a month next week and is on 0+ teats but is it very important that she's changed to 1+,3+,6+ etc teats at each month?

Just go with the flow my little boy is using 6 month teats already

Hi, the difference between the different aged teats is the older the teats go the bigger the hole in them is. You don't have to go by the age just go by how well your Lo is drinking. You'll find when she gets older shell be sucking really hard on the teat and becoming frustrated because the milk won't come out fast enough for her. When this happens you can move up to the next size. Doesn't matter if she's a month old, 2 months etc you be able to tell when she needs the next size up. Hope that makes sense. Like the pp said some babies drink quickly so will need the larger hole teats before the age on the packet and vice versa x

We didn't change the teats until she started teething. It was harder work for her to suck on the slower flow teats and with sore gums she really didn't want to so her milk intake dropped a lot :-(
We switched to the faster flow teats at about 6 months and she went back to taking full bottles.

It's just bigger holes Hun.some babies like to get more milk faster at some stages.lola has been on size 3 (6+ months) since 8weeks but my friends baby never came off of size 1 as he was happy with that.just go by if lo seems to get bored or tired quickly whilst drinking and if this is the case then go up a size xx

Ahhh thank u. I thought that was the case with the bigger holes and was a little reluctant to go up just yet, she ends up drinking so fast she nearly chokes herself sometimes and I think a bigger holed teat would make it worse.

my lo is still on the 0+ month teats as he chokes on the milk with 1m+ teat. hes almost 3months. x

my lo is still on the 0+ month teats as he chokes on the milk with 1m+ teat. hes almost 3months. x

Kaylum is still on the 0+ teats (though he only has a bottle at bedtime now) at 19 months ... Tattie did try him on a larger one when he was about 9 months because she felt she ought to, and he hated it :shrug:

My LO is still on 0+ months at almost 7 and a half months, tried to go up a size recently and they were too fast so he will prob always be on the newborn ones, it really doesnt matter its just which your LO prefers and gets on with most :)

As others have said it is just different holes; the only exception is the NUK teats which I used with all my boys-the 6 month ones are quite a different shape and a lot larger than the newborn teats, with those you go with the feed hole size (S, M, L or cross cut) as opposed to the age recommendation xx

Emma will fall asleep drinking with a smaller teat size! Once we switched, she was able to drink the whole bottle.

Usually if they lack interest mid feed where they normally would drink the lot or take ages to finish I'd try the next size up. Rather than age it's about how much they can get down them, my lo struggles with size 3 as too much comes out where he was on size 2 more or less straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"