How is this possible?!?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by tashak88, Jan 26, 2011.

1. tashak88

tashak88 Autism awareness!!! 💙

Okay, yesterday I was sitting on the couch with my arm on my side, right under my ribs, and I felt a kick....IN MY RIBS!!!

then I put my hand right under my last rib...and sure enough, another kick...this went on for about 15 mins...until it started getting uncomfortable...then I got up and walked around....

I thought my uterus was only like a inch above my belly button.....(according to the books)

I'm confused...?!

(I might be making a complete idiot out of myself :/ :dohh:)

2. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

I have been getting occasional kicks under my ribs! i dont care wat anyones got to say, cause i could feel it externally too and was like wth!!!!God knows how were getting them this early but i know you are not the only one!

3. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

im a couple weeks more then you, but this happens to me too. Sometimes it feels like hes bouncing of my ribs, had no idea that he was really that high :|

4. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

It's higher when your sat down! Kind of all squishes up.. When I'm laying or standing it comes to my belly button , sat down it feels like it's under my boobs!

5. tashak88

pheww....I'm glad I'm not the only one....

I was starting to think I was crazy or something...haha...

6. NandO1

NandO1 sticky bean #3

yeah i am getting kicks high up i think this bubs has super long legs, xx

7. tashak88

I was thinking the same with me....since my husband is 6'7....hehe baby might be taking after his daddy!! lol:thumbup:

8. LHill2010

LHill2010 Well-Known Member

At my 20 week ultrasound, the woman was amazed at how high LO was. He wasn't far under my ribs. He flips and turns all the time. So, some days he's high and others he's low. But, the next day I had a regular appt with the doctor, and she was looking low for his heartbeat and couldn't find it. She looked at me and asked me if I knew where it would be. haha.. I told her to try high, so she did and found it right away! I, too, have felt high kicks.

9. tashak88

the doc has NEVER been able to find his heartbeat...so I have to U/S...I'll have to tell her to try high...cause he def is high...

I just started feeling him from the outside like 3 or 4 days ago...and every kick and roll has been high... :)

10. BexyD

BexyD Well-Known Member

Ive felt a couple high up as well and im only 17 this thurs. I keep wondering if its my imaginaton or baby is kicking somewhere else but it just feels that high...i dunno!

11. tashak88

I thought It was my imagination also, until I felt him kick my hand back!! haha

I jumped and said "OH MY GOSH" haha...I would say, it's very possible it's your LO!! :) lucky you feeling baby so early..hehe I just now started feeling him like 3 or 4 days ago!! :flower:

12. BexyD

BexyD Well-Known Member

Lol!
    This is my 4th so i guess you feel them early anyway. I first felt him just before 13 weeks and quite reg from then on, but for the last week or 2 I've barely felt anything :( We had a gender scan on Monday night so I know he is ok. I did ask if he was facing away so i wouldnt feel it but the sonographer didnt really say either way :(

When they kick so hard and knock your hand - thats the best!! Or in response to knocks on the bath etc!

13. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

I got kicked at the top of the thigh earlier and thought I was going loopy until I realised that, as I was laying down in bed (well, it was only twenty past six!) and was in my usual, slightly curled up position, my belly was resting on my thigh! I am guessing something similar is happening with your ribs when you sit down!

14. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

Think of your uterus as a balloon with a baby inside.....your baby can push on the inside of the uterus and make it stretch a certain direction.....so if your baby is kicking towards the ribs its entirely possible for the uterus to stretch that short distance. I have felt a few kicks up high too even though my fundal height is 21 cm.....but that's laying down. Sitting up is another story......my belly is very near my ribs when sitting up (torso shortens when you sit up....unless you sit up very straight).
    Just wait till these rib kicks are non stop....laying down!:dohh: