How is your LO's hearing at 2 months?

maddog37

Reaction score
Question per thread title.

I've came up to LO's crib without him seeing me and stood next to him calling his name and clapping, while he was crying AND while he was relatively calm. He didn't look over or acknowledge me, just kept staring at the wall or crying with his eyes closed. Only when I leaned into his view and touched him did he look up and smile.

So I'm worried if he has problem hearing but we just went for the 2 month check up so I will have to wait til the 3 month check up to ask the doctor. DH and my parents are not worried. He jumps at loud noises and woke up from my dad sneezing in the next room. And mom and dad think he's too young to turn to where the voice is coming from. He's almost 10 weeks old.

Please ease my mind if you can. I'm still half worried he might have Tay Sachs since I am a carrier and DH was only tested with 1 test instead of the current 2 types of test (he is negative for the one he was tested for though). As one of the symptom is loss of hearing, I keep getting worried.

I don't know anything about tay Sachs but wanted to send some hugs!

I know it might sound silly, but try not to worry. It is a good sign that he jumps at noise. Maybe you could try a few different noises at different times and see his reaction, like the phone, a bell, a crisp packet etc. But don't get too obsessive over it, just give lo time and I am sure it will work out.

I can't remember what lo was like responding to noise at that age but may e one of the other mummies h a lo at the same age and can help x

My Lo will turn his head to me talking(or DH) when he's in a good chatty mood. Will toss his head when we open the squeaky bedroom door at night but that's about it.
Never acknowledges me when he's crying and when he does I'm usually in his sight anyway.
Maybe try and grab your babies attention up close then move positions, when he's not looking say something and see if he looks? I find my baby is not startled by noise tbh

Thanks for the responses, I hope to get more.

Very likely I'm just being overly anxious (and as I have postpartum anxiety and ppOCD, this doesn't help). He watches me when I sing and talk to him while he feeds and get changed. He responds to my talks but I wonder if he just learned to read lips.

Today I talked to him from out of his sight while my mom was feeding him and he did turn around, but then again, he turns to the left a lot in hope of seeing things on the TV screen, so it could've been a coincidence. There has been many times I twist around and talk in either ear while burping him and he doesn't ever turn towards my voice. I hope I just have an uninteresting voice. :(

I felt the same when Fran was that age love. It's only in the last couple of weeks that I've really noticed her responding to her name and looking at me when I talk to her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->