How long after a dog has puppies can she get pregnant again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the same over here in GA but i would never shoot another dog, even in my own yard.

Your dog should be indoors or a secure run when she's in season though, surely that's part of being a responsible dog owner? We have a secure yard but when my bitch was in season she wasn't out there unsupervised. As far as shooting another dog that gets into your yard? That's just disgusting whether it's within the law or not.

Your dog should be indoors or a secure run when she's in season though, surely that's part of being a responsible dog owner? We have a secure yard but when my bitch was in season she wasn't out there unsupervised. As far as shooting another dog that gets into your yard? That's just disgusting whether it's within the law or not.

She can't be indoors. She is not potty trained and I don't want my brand new carpet ruined because she is in heat.

As far as shooting another dog. I can not do that, that is my husband who has said that. I personally would never do that. I can not speak for my husband though. He is who he is and I can not change that.

Surely you could build a enclosed run for her so that when shes in heat male dogs cant get to her

Look! Things are really different here in US than they are in the UK or Canada when it comes to animals. A dog left outside is not a crime nor am I unfit to take care of my dog. She is very well taken care of, Thank you very much. She is fed, walked, and played with everyday.

As far as the other dog coming into MY backyard, which is fenced in, is illegal. The owner of the other dog is responisble. My dog is securedly kept in MY yard. I don't understand how in the world it is my responsiblity to keep another dog out of MY yard!?!

Maybe some of you should read up a little on the LAWS when it come to MY state in which I live when it comes to animals.

Can you not understand that whether it is illegal or not for another dog to come onto your property, it did. It is also likely to happen again next time your bitch is in heat, whether the same dog or another dog. Whether the other owner is responsible or not, it is your problem, because it is your dog that will be potentially injured or suffer as a result.

Regardless of the legal implications, your dog is your responsibility and it is your responsibility to protect her. Your fencing is clearly not adequate to keep other dogs out of your garden, so for your dog's sake you need to find an alternative solution to keep her safe when she is in season, be that a secure, covered outdoor run or toilet training her and bringing her into your house. (surely your kitchen isn't carpeted so can't she be confined in there using a baby gate? It's only for a few weeks)

If you aren't prepared to find an alternative, then your poor bitch will be having litter after litter until you get her neutered or she dies.
Can you not see that you should do something here to make sure your dog does not suffer?

You are very lucky you only lost a puppy this time. Large breed bitches who have small litters are prone to uterine inertia which can lead to stillborn puppies, a dead bitch or a very expensive emergency cesarian section. A c-section would certainly mean you wouldn't be sensible to breed from her in future (not just because of the risk, but repeat sections are common) so if you do want to breed properly in the future, you could well be risking that never happening if she keeps getting accidentally pregnant.

Just to add, there is a 'mismate' jab a bitch can have at up to six weeks pregnant to abort the puppies, but it is usually recomended to neuter them afterwards anyway as it can put the bitch at serious risk of future pyometra, which si life threatening and needs to result in emergency neutering anyway.

:( poor dog. Hope the OP does the right thing.

Why can ur dog not come inside, a clever breed like yours should potty train in no time. x

:( poor dog. Hope the OP does the right thing.

Why can ur dog not come inside, a clever breed like yours should potty train in no time. x

cos of the carpets remember???

thats pathetic excuse.. the carpets mean more to the family than the welfare of the pet bitch :nope:
appauling.
however what accident has happened has happened, you cant change that- just make sure it doesnt happen in the future.
train your dog to be potty trained for next time in season and invest in some doggy knickers if youre that bothered about your carpets!
or- make a responsible decision and keep her completely fenced in.. even the roof, like a chicken coop that keeps out foxes.. so this mistaken accident doesnt happen again.
did you get her to a vets yet???????????
what did they say? I am curious as to why she is swollen up.

surely an accident on a carpet is nothing compared to the accident of another unwanted pregnancy.....?

She can't be indoors. She is not potty trained and I don't want my brand new carpet ruined because she is in heat.

As far as shooting another dog. I can not do that, that is my husband who has said that. I personally would never do that. I can not speak for my husband though. He is who he is and I can not change that.

:rofl: You are a responsible owner but your dog is not toilet trained???????? Speaks for itself really!!

:rofl: You are a responsible owner but your dog is not toilet trained???????? Speaks for itself really!!

WSS^

I would be first in line for one of your puppies that came from a "well trained" bitch that isn't litter trained.

YOU have NO idea what you're talking about it, and just because you think that you are doing a good job taking care of your pet doesn't mean that you are. Judging by the mass amount of responses you've had and the amount of people who are disagreeing with you I think we have enough proof that you are a BAD pet owner.

not potty trained!!!!:dohh: thats a pups first lesson

I have to say that whilst I would only ever keep my dogs in my house and as pets, I don't have a problem with dogs living outside in the correct conditions and there is no need for kennelled/outside dogs to be toilet trained. Lots of working dogs are kept in this way.

However, dogs need company, be that other dogs or human and a lone dog living outside is not going to get enough of that. It is also, IMO, not suitable for puppies to be raised outside as I believe a bitch and her litter need 24/7 supervision for the first few weeks at least to make sure things go well and puppies that are probably going to be living in a home need to be used to being in a home and all the sounds and smells that entails.

It's also clearly irresponsible to let a bitch get 'accidentally' pregnant and not be prepared to do anything about it except threaten to shoot a dog that comes onto your property. :nope:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"