how long after c section for TTC

ameeann

Reaction score
hey guys,
so I had a category 1 emergency csection in February, lb is 8.5 months old, were not TTC yet, but we want to in the new year... my question is, how long did you guys wait to TTC another? it will be my 3rd baby, but 2nd section!

I keep getting mixed answers from everyone as to what is the right time to try again, ranging from 6 months to 2 years time!

TIA :flower:

You will be fine whenever! My doc said try and wait a year between gettIng pg again to ensure full scar healing but it's only a recommendation. My friend had a c section and then a VBaC 16 months later and all was fine and they weren't at all concerned. For VBaC purposes they like you to have some time between healing but you will fine if you ttc in a few months x

thank you, it would be another c section for sure...no chance im going through any of that again haha

I was told 9 months before trying again after my fairly straightforward C-section, but I'm in Australia so the recommendations may be different. It's definitely a good idea to let your body heal up for a while, but if its already been 8.5 months for you then you should be ok. But the safest thing would be to ask your doctor/obstetrician, since your specific history/complications may affect things.

Thanks lovely... That's the problem though, everyone has given me a different number hah! And we don't have gynecologists to go too unless you have problems! So only GPS advise to go off!

Midwives kept telling me a year when i was in after having my 3rd child (2nd c-section). You should be fine in the new year.

You'll be fine in the new year . They generally recommend a year or thereabouts :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->