• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How long after going off the pill did your period return?

JustStarting

Reaction score
Hi! Just starting to get worried, I went off the pill in April, and I still havent gotten a period, I guess I am a bit worried because I was irregular for a while before going on the pill. I took a test and got a BFN, so I know it isnt that :( Just wondering others experiences.....thank you!

not the pill, but i came off implanon after 13 months on the 17th of april. no period yet either. but ive been taking ovulation tests, and they say I'm ovulating, so I'm not worried anymore! GP said they cab take up to 6 months to return so they wont look into it until then

I came off the pill in December. Got a really light period in January, then nothing for 3 months! It eventually came back, but the wait is so hard! I've heard it can just take a while for your body to realize it has to do it on its own now.

Before I got on the pill my periods were "normal". A week after getting off the pill my period came and has been "normal" every month since. But.. still no BFP :/

I just came of the pill a month ago. Jumped into TTCing and I knew my body went right back to normal because I o and now I am pregnant. Happened so quick.

It depend on your body because they other times I got off birth control it took 3 months to get a period and 9 months to have a normal cycle

It took me 5 months and now they are still irregular.

Exactly 27 days after. And I had 3 cycles with the most beautiful 27 day periods with textbook BBT charts. But before you hate me lol... Then I guess the hormones that were apparently keeping me regular wore off and then I had a weird super long gap with no period and went to the dr. who laughed and shrugged it off saying everyone misses a period now and again (ugh- about as annoying as hearing friends/family say 'relax, it'll happen' while you're freaking out because you can't get pregnant). Then a few cycles with weird temps and now on cycle 6 Im on CD35 with no AF and BFNs. Ugh!!! So wait a few months and then see what happens hopefully you'll be the opposite of me where your body is irregular until it kicks in naturally and gives you some regular cycles. I was on BC for 10 years so who knows what kind of long term damage that did to my body.

Exactly 27 days after. And I had 3 cycles with the most beautiful 27 day periods with textbook BBT charts. But before you hate me lol... Then I guess the hormones that were apparently keeping me regular wore off and then I had a weird super long gap with no period and went to the dr. who laughed and shrugged it off saying everyone misses a period now and again (ugh- about as annoying as hearing friends/family say 'relax, it'll happen' while you're freaking out because you can't get pregnant). Then a few cycles with weird temps and now on cycle 6 Im on CD35 with no AF and BFNs. Ugh!!! So wait a few months and then see what happens hopefully you'll be the opposite of me where your body is irregular until it kicks in naturally and gives you some regular cycles. I was on BC for 10 years so who knows what kind of long term damage that did to my body.

27 day cycles not 27 day periods lol I'd not be alive to tell that tale!

ImpatientOne....I was on bc for about 14 years!!! There were a couple of times where I stopped.....and I know it took awhile before it came back, but to be honest, I didnt think it as a big deal and didnt worry too much about it then because I wasnt TTC! Ugh! You spend so long trying not to get pregnant that I always assumed it would be so easy after stopping the pill! You hear so many stories of people getting pregnant after forgetting one pill or even while on the pill! You start noticing all these women around who are pregnant or have newborns! lol It's only been 2 months of trying, I think I need to stress a bit less! lol going on a long bike ride this weekend!!!! lol Thanks for your anwers everyone!!! :)

27 day cycles not 27 day periods lol I'd not be alive to tell that tale!

Lol I didint have my period for 6 months after coming off the pill once and then had it for a month!!!! lol Not fun!!!

ImpatientOne....I was on bc for about 14 years!!! There were a couple of times where I stopped.....and I know it took awhile before it came back, but to be honest, I didnt think it as a big deal and didnt worry too much about it then because I wasnt TTC! Ugh! You spend so long trying not to get pregnant that I always assumed it would be so easy after stopping the pill! You hear so many stories of people getting pregnant after forgetting one pill or even while on the pill! You start noticing all these women around who are pregnant or have newborns! lol It's only been 2 months of trying, I think I need to stress a bit less! lol going on a long bike ride this weekend!!!! lol Thanks for your anwers everyone!!! :)

Oh I know! I fully expected to get pregnant the first month and started looking at cribs and baby stuff. 7 cycles later...

My 'periods' have returned but I'm not ovulating, I guess it's not a true period. Been the same since I came off the pill in December. I went to the Doctors and she said it can take upto six months to get the pill out of your system. Hope that helps xxxx

I came off my pill Sunday and got my breakthrough bleed yesterday. Hoping that my normal period will return as it should!

First period appeared just over 50 days later. Then they were around 34 days. Now it seems like I've regulated down to 31-32 days (6 months later).

I was on the pill for 12 years and before I went on I was on a perfect 28-day cycle.

Hi :)
This is my first month off the pill.. According to my cm I ovulated at day 21 of this cycle.. I'm 2 days late for af (usual 28 day cycle before the pill) but only 9dpo as I ovulated so late.. So hoping af being late is due to that bfp we're all hoping to get and not coming off the pill!! Good luck! :)

There is really no way to tell ! It could happen the first month or it could take up to 6 months to return (but check with your doctor if it has been 6 months). Mine did come back around 32 days later, and my cycles have stayed longer (used to be 28 before bcp and now seems to be 32 for the last 3 cycles that I was off bcp). I wish there was a way you could know right away when it would return, but only time will tell ! Most people do get it back in the first month or two, so hopefully you are not one of the unlucky ones who has to wait longer. (& yes, the waiting period is very, very annoying!)
Good luck !!

came off depo in july took till the feb to come back

I came off the pill toward the end of April, and had a withdrawal bleed a couple of days later, AF then showed up on the 25th of May and then the 19th of June. I'm pleased that AF returned quickly but it's been really light and only lasts about 3 days which I'm a bit worried about. No BFP so far. I'm due for AF again around the 14th I think, and I've decided to start charting from my next cycle just so I get an idea if I'm ovulating or not.
Hope everyone gets their BFP's soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"