How long after having 1 baby did u try and conceive another?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Since having my dd 7 months ago, iv not used any bcp or condom and officially trying (tracking cycles, cm etc) for 4 months yet still I am not pregnant :-( I thought u were most fertile after a baby?

Anyway wen af started again after birth of dd I ha normal 28 day cycles which suddenly last month was 39days and this month I'm on cd32 and no af :-( but bfn!

I thought I would be pregnant by now and can't temp as my dd seems to be waking at random times so don't no when or if I ovulate!

If I go the docs will they help me? Or not as I only had dd so soon ago x

We started trying when DD was 9 months old. That was a year ago :( My cycles aren't regular but not completely off the wall either. I am temping and using opks and know that I am ovulating. I was just referred to an ob/gyn by my family doc. I'm pretty sure that you have to be trying for at least 12 months before they will refer you.
Are you breastfeeding? That would definitely affect your cycle.

we started this months, my daughter is 14 months old. wow you started when your daughter was 3!! months old? why?

I started trying when DS was 10-11 months old and figured it would take a few months to conceive, he'll be 4 the first of next month. Sometimes I feel like we just got lucky with him as it doesn't seem to be happening again.

mammag - That's exactly how I'm starting to feel. I keep telling OH maybe our DD was just a fluke. I hope we are both wrong. Have you had any testing done?

We decided to wait until DS was 18 months. He turned 18 months in may so this is our first cycle.

x

when i had my eldest we waited until he was 9 months old. there is 5 years between our second and 3rd son.

I didn't 'try' with my second, but conceived when my first was 15 months old.

My second was 3+ when I conceived my third.

My third is 2.5 years now. I wanted to ttc when she was 3 months old, and I really wished I would have. I've now been ttc for 11 cycles and feeling like the age gap will be tremendous again. If I'm so fortunate to have a fourth and a fifth, I'd like no more than 18 months between if possible.

Good luck.

I started TTC #2 when my DD was 9 months old. Still no luck. Wishing you the best!

mammag - That's exactly how I'm starting to feel. I keep telling OH maybe our DD was just a fluke. I hope we are both wrong. Have you had any testing done?

'unspecific secondary infertility' yeah, probably the worst three words I've ever heard. I ovulate every cycle and have a good luteal phase (AF always comes at 14dpo) but I ovulate randomly, like two cycles ago I O'd on CD 11 and last cycle on CD 18, which makes it harder to catch, DH's SA is fine, it's just not happening for us this time around. I got pregnant 1 yr into trying and miscarried but not even a sniff of a :bfp: since then and that was over 2 years ago.

Sorry to hear that :( I ovulate every cycle too but it ranges from CD 14 to CD 17, once it was as late as CD 21. My luteal phase is only 11 days as well. I started taking B50 last cycle to see if it makes a difference.
I had blood work done and am waiting on my results. Hopefully it will all come back normal.
I did have a chemical pregnancy a few cycles ago and am wondering if it related to my luteal phase.

we started this months, my daughter is 14 months old. wow you started when your daughter was 3!! months old? why?

Yeah 3 months old, we knew before she arrived that we wanted them close together, me an my siblings and oh n his siblings are really close in years and it's just what we wanted!

Think am gona go the docs then just to ask! Fingers crossed for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->