• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

how long after hcg injection can you test?

I got a positive after the same dose of Ovidrel at 9dpo or 6 days post a 3 day transfer for IVF. It got darker daily, so it def wasn't the trigger as I am still pregnant-with triplets! I didn't test it out of my system. I have read many people have Ovidrel out of their systems as early as 5 days later up until 10 days at the latest, but one website said average was 8 days...

I think the 14 days is for the 10,000 of HCG as Ovidrel is a much smaller dose than that! On the package it says the 250mcg of Ovidrel was equal to 5000 of HCG, so half that! Good luck!

wow congrats!!! what treatments/medications were you doing?

I have a question....you mentioned 250mcg of Ovidrel was equal to 5000 of HCG, but I found the 2nd line of my test to be quite faint the day after trigger...but wouldnt it be dark for 5000 hcg? Im asking as Ive read people saying IC can take ages to get a dark result meanwhile I thought they were the most senstive (10miu or whatever its called).

Allie2009 good luck thats promising!! mine was definitely gone by where you are now, so its hopeful.

I think it exits our systems a lot sooner than what the "experts" say and I was quoting the leaflet my Ovidrel came with as far as the 5000U goes.

As for what I did: 1st cycle IVF/ICSI (hubby had the issues, so that might have contributed to the triplets in my case), doctor down regged with Lupron 20U, used Menopur IM only for stimming (300 or 350??) and the Ovidrel for trigger. Good luck ladies!

i think i have developed OHSS sadly so need to deal with that first i think :( considering testing later today

Well, the bad thing with developing OHSS is having it, but the good thing is you are much more likely to be pregnant!

I got a positive after the same dose of Ovidrel at 9dpo or 6 days post a 3 day transfer for IVF. It got darker daily, so it def wasn't the trigger as I am still pregnant-with triplets! I didn't test it out of my system. I have read many people have Ovidrel out of their systems as early as 5 days later up until 10 days at the latest, but one website said average was 8 days...

I think the 14 days is for the 10,000 of HCG as Ovidrel is a much smaller dose than that! On the package it says the 250mcg of Ovidrel was equal to 5000 of HCG, so half that! Good luck!

sorry to gatecrash the thread, but had to post how are you doing alexa, 25 weeks already wow thats gone by quick :hugs:

Hi Rafwife! So glad to see you! I am doing well considering all these children in my gut ha ha ha. So looks like you will be starting treatment? I am so glad! How are you???!!! (sorry we cylced together in another thread here on BNB and I haven't seen her around!)

HCG typically leaves the bloodstream at 1,000 IU's a day. So, if you had 10,000 IU's like I did, it would take 10 days. Good luck! :flower:

Today I am 12DPT and got a VERY faint 2nd line on my test this morning!! Do you lady's think this could be a real POS for me and not the trigger anymore???

I think it is a true BFP...I went through the same doubt at first! 12 days is a long time! If it really took 14 days for hte HCG to be out of our systems, then why do the doctors have us all going for our betas 12-14 days post transfer? It exits our systems much sooner in my opinion, like a previous poster said like 1000 a day average-I think you're prego!

i done a hpt test last night and today and got a very faint positive test on 15miu/ml test. i am now 10 dpiui or 11dpt so not sure what to make of this OHSS symptoms coming and going...so unsure if line is the trigger or not....

FX it's the real deal for you, hopefully the line will get darker and clearer in the next day or two :)

thanks me to unsure what to think of it :(

11 days is usually good enough for the trigger to be gone. i tested 6dp3dt and got a positive. i am betting you are pregnant.

sorry to gatecrash the thread, but had to post how are you doing alexa, 25 weeks already wow thats gone by quick :hugs:

Hi Rafwife! So glad to see you! I am doing well considering all these children in my gut ha ha ha. So looks like you will be starting treatment? I am so glad! How are you???!!! (sorry we cylced together in another thread here on BNB and I haven't seen her around!)

im fine thanks chick im glad your doing well, we will have to pm from time to time it would be lovely to hear how your doing, we are considering trying again but not until next year, ive recently started a new job and were trying to do a few fun things for a while, speak soon :hugs:

we'll see hun it was mega mega light but two tests it was there.

Good luck Lynne192! Hope you get more test that are POS!!!

okay so yesterday i tested with 15miu/ml test and a 25miu/ml the 15 one was mega faint the 25 was def neg. This morning the 25 one was very very light pos, so not sure what to think feel slightly ill and my boobs are agony! So not sure if trigger or pregnancy trying 2 be relistic and keep hopes level so i'm not crushed by neg;

The fact the 25miu/ml test has gone from neg to a squinter is a VERY good sign, if it were still the hcg from trigger it would be getting fainter/be gone.

FX it's a sticky one for you :)

thanks i'm actually curled up in bed. Not feeling well. Have hijacked my oh's mobile as i don't get a signal and don't have internet yet. Got wee man in bed beside me cause feeling sorry for myself. I done 2 first response test one early preg one one step. The one step on had faint line but the early test meant for 6days before missed period was neg so thinking been getting evaps although they were within the time limit i dunno ????? Knew i shouldn't get my hopes up

I think the general time frame that's given is about 10 days post trigger.
But for me, it took 12 days post trigger (and 10 DPO). I was surprised it took so long.

don't think so sadly hcg seems to be almost nothing cause first response early preg test which is 12miu/ml was neg so think thats most reliable

Well it's not over until the :witch: shows up hun! You still have some time yet. How long is your LP?? Is that right LP??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"