How long after MC did it take you to return to 'normal'?

KatyKat

Reaction score
I had my second mc early this month, and passed the pregnancy naturally around 10 days ago. Me and my hubby have decided just to go for it and ttc again as quickly as possible, but I have no idea what to expect in terms of my body reverting to it's normal cycle.

I have read that it can take a while for your first period to come after a mc, but then we were told by a nurse at the hospital that not to be worried if I had a period within 2 weeks of the mc.

Confused!!!!

Can anyone give me some advice?

first of all,sorry for your loss Katy

To answer your question - its different for everyone! Some go straight back to normal, other have slightly longer/short cycles, so don't get a a visit from AF for 7+ weeks, some get their BFP the first month!

I'm sorry it's not really a very informative answer! It's been 19 days since I MC and we started trying again a week later! I'm hoping AF doesn't come for atleast 9 months :) wishful thinking does no harm!

Hi Katykat, i would agree with Decemberbride - everyone is different and it is impossible to know what your cycles will do after a MC. The nurse at the hospital told me it could take months for your cycle to settle down. After my MMC i did not get my AF for almost 7 weeks. I think i am back to 'normal' now as i Ov on day 14 as i usually do.

My mc was 2 weeks ago today after having a D and C at 10 weeks. Had no real bleding, just brown spotting but decided to just go for it yesterday. Doubt after 2 weeks tho my body will be back to normal!! Good luck x

Thanks guys, that puts sme of my worries to rest!

I'm with Decemberbride here and hoping I don't see my AF for a good long while!

My cycles have always been irregular and a bit on the long side, but after the mc they seemed to shorten.

I did spot on and off for the first cycle after miscarriage, and didnt get pregnant that month despite our best efforts, I am now on the 2nd cycle and spotted for 1 day which I never do, but this looks like it was down to a drop in estrogen, Im now in the 2ww.
I suppose I am glad that at least I am ovulating around the right time now.

Im sorry to hear about your 2nd loss and really hope you get that bfp and have a healthy 9 months xx

I had mine in Jan and it was 32 days before my period came again..it was a little heavier than usual and i seemed to pass much larger clots than usual. It was the same after my 1st mc but after my first period it seemed to revert to normal.

Do u girls know wen tests return to -ive after d and c/mc?? Mine are still +ive over 2 weeks later

:hug:

5 weeks to the day after my first loss (medically managed)

5 weeks to the day after my second loss (natural labour)

Everyone is different though

:hug:

Hey i ov'ed as normal on cd15 (counting 1st day of my mc as cd1) and had a pretty normal cycle, didn't get a bfp but thats life. On to the 2ww of cycle 2 and that has been normal too, ov'ed cd14. Hope this helps.

It took 5 weeks for af to come back, I had pains for another 5 months they didn't know what they were after that physically was ok, af's were regular each month although a hit heavier xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->