How long after mirena coil removal did you get pregnant

deltadawn1987

Reaction score
Hi all so I booked my appointment to have my mirena coil removed on the 21 of October just wanted to know if anyone got pregnant straight away or how long it took also nervous about getting it took out so any info I would be grateful sorry about the spelling on my phone thanks again xxx

I've never had one but a good friend of mine got bfp with her second LO second cycle after having out. Your fertility should return straight away but like any hormonal contraceptive some people take time

I had the Mirena before we got pregnant with DD2. When we were ready to start trying, I made an appointment to get it out (July 2012). The doctor said to start taking prenatals for 3 months before trying, so we waited until October 2012 to start TTC. Once we quit preventing in October, we got pregnant in 2 cycles...The doctor said fertility should return right away and my cycles started again as soon as I had it removed and were regular.

Getting it taken out was REALLY easy; much better than getting it put in. I didn't even hardly feel it. Started bleeding within the next day or so and everything regulated after that.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the replys really helpful also eased my mind about getting it out was really nervous hopefully all will go smoothly can't wait to ttc I'm already on folic acid not sure what else I should be taking xx

One of my friends got pregnant 2 weeks after having hers out, she didn't know she was pregnant until 10/11 weeks and thought she was having twins because it was her 2nd pregnancy and she was already showing and she thought she was 3/4 weeks and went to the doctors and found out she pretty much got pregnant straight away and was quiet abit further along lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->