How long after postive opk do you think you O?

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
My opks have been postive for most of today so not sure if I'm catching as my surge decreases now as I'm having O cramps. I normally get these hit not as painful as this. How long after your positive opk do you O based on temps etc? I guess I won't know for definite until tomorrow

They say you ovulate (if you do) 12-48 hours after a positive.

I only used OPK's for a couple cycles...one cycle according to my temps I O'd the day of a positive, another cycle I O'd the day after my positive.

With my second pg, I had a neg OPK 5am, then the same day a pos OPK at 4pm. I just happen to wake up 2am the next morning to pee and had very obvious ovarian pain on the left side. My BD schedule for that time which was the morning and evening on the day after that pos OPK. I knew I wouldn't O the same day of the pos test since it was later in the day so we did not BD that night.

My last two cycles I have o'd two and three days after my positive OPK... But I wouldn't have known that without my temperature... Very frustrating

Okay, this is per my old (as in I have a new one), really crappy (I mean couldn't get out of that practice quick enough) OB/GYN so take it for what it is worth.

Take the OPK mid day, that is when you should have your LH surge. Unlike with PG test that you take in the AM, these really need to be taken in the afternoon.

Once you are + go home and go at it like bunnies for the next 3 days.

This is the same doctor that said regardless of why; if I wasn't PG in 6 months to call her and she would put me on Clomid with no other testing. So, take it for what it is worth. This does seem to tally with other things that I have read and talking with my GP which is why I mention it.

Thanks everyone. My temp has dipped this morning so assume will o today and I'll see the temp shift tomorrow

I use Fertility Friend, it's been really useful. It helped me learn that when I get a positive OPK, I ovulate that day or the next.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->