How long after the pill??

hilz_85

Reaction score
Hey!! I recently stopped taking the BCP, and I'm wondering how soon after I should expect to ovulate? The last time we were TTC, I got pregnant the month/cycle after I went off the pill, but I'm not even sure I ovulated the first cycle? I want to track/ follow along with my cycle days, but I have NO idea when to start it. It just seems like a waste to use a bunch of OPK's with no idea when to even start. Is there another way? Signs I can watch for, etc?

Hi! When you ovulate depends solely on your body. Ovulation will typically occur about 14 days before your next period. I've been trying for quite awhile and have a few suggestions as you are just getting back into the swing of things.

1. Start tracking your basal temperature. You can get a basal thermometer for $8 from Walmart. You take your temp first thing in the morning at the same time. After ovulation has occurred your temperature will jump up .3 or more degrees. Tracking temperature won't tell you when ovulation is about to occur, but it will tell you when ovulation has occurred.

2. Skip the expensive opk's from the drug store or grocery store. You can get a 50 pack of wondfo ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests for less than $25 from amazon.com. I recently review the different opk brands on my youtube channel (link in my signature)

3. Check your cervix. The cervix is a wonderful tool in ovulation tracking. During your non fertile time, your cervix will be pretty low, hard and the little whole (os) will be closed. Your cervical mucus will be either dry, sticky or creamy. As ovulation approaches your cervix will raise higher up and sometimes be completely out of reach. The tip will become very soft and the so will open up. Your mucus will also get watery and finally during your most fertile period will turn to an egg white consistency. After ovulation your cervix will once again drop low and be hard and closed.

I ordered a 50 pack of opk's with 20 HCG tests for $11.49 with free shipping today on eBay. They're what I used last time too.

That's perfect. Since they are so inexpensive you can start right away, how far into this cycle are you?

Well, thats my problem. Lol Im not really sure at all. If i go from my last period, which
was just a withdrawl bleed at the end of my pack, im CD 16. My opks came at cd 11 and i did one that day and got a line almost as dark as the control line. The next 2 days i tested twice and got a light line. I have no idea if i ovulated or if i will at all this cycle. Idk when to expect AF either. Im just confused!

It can really, really vary. Some people O their first cycle. It took me 5 months to O.

It can vary so much from person to person. You should count cycle day 1 as the first day of your withdrawl bleed. I didn't temp or use opks (luckily I ended up not having to) but I did check my cm & cp. Every woman is different but I had sore nipples, ewcm, a high soft & open cervix, and pretty bad cramps on my left side only when I ovulated on cd15. Opks are very helpful for lots of women. It is possible that you already o'd. As far as when to expect your next AF it's hard to know as some women have trouble regulating after the pill and it takes awhile but I would start looking for it about cd28.. do you remember how long your cycles were pre-pill? Not that it means much, but that could be a starting point. Good luck!

Took me 3 or 4 months to get my first period and ovulation <3 it can vary though xx

You must have ovulated last time if you got pregnant :p

Anyways, yeah, like they've said ^ you may take a little while to regulate and be able to track ovulation. Some women it doesn't take any time at all, others will take months. I had a 5 month wait after I stopped my pills a few years ago. Once my cycles restarted, it took 2 cycles to get pregnant. GL xx excellent advice on signs to look for from Jrepp xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->