How long before bed does LO have their last meal?

K

Kalah

For those of you who have already started weaning, how long before bed do you give LO their last meal for the night? Not including milk, just for solids. I'm trying to find the right time so that she'll stay full enough till breakfast but the initial energy will have gone so she's not so wide awake. Also, what kind of food do you give for that last meal?
I was just watching a thing on tv that said there's something in meat protein that makes it more difficult to fall asleep so I gave vegetables as the last meal today instead of any meats, but I know vegetables are digested faster and might not keep her full as long. So now I'm stuck!

We have dinner about 6/6.30, bath at 7 and she's usually asleep by 7.30/8. Miss the days of having late dinners!

For those of you who have already started weaning, how long before bed do you give LO their last meal for the night? Not including milk, just for solids. I'm trying to find the right time so that she'll stay full enough till breakfast but the initial energy will have gone so she's not so wide awake. Also, what kind of food do you give for that last meal?
I was just watching a thing on tv that said there's something in meat protein that makes it more difficult to fall asleep so I gave vegetables as the last meal today instead of any meats, but I know vegetables are digested faster and might not keep her full as long. So now I'm stuck!

My little girl is almost 8 months old, so weaning is established now. She has dinner (her last meal) at around 5.30 pm. After her dinner we play for a while, give her a bath, read a book to her, last bottle at 7.15pm and she is bed by 7.30, asleep by 8pm. She sleeps until 7/8am.

The typical things we give her for dinner:

- pasta twists, tomato sauce and roasted vegetable sticks.

-couscous, slices/pieces of chicken, cucumber sticks.

-Chicken pieces, baked potato wedges and roasted vegetable sticks

- a baby friendly shepherds pie/cottage pie/bolognese

(^^^^^basically what we eat) although at the moment she just loves roasted vege (peppers/courgette/parsnips)

..... ALL followed by fruit slices/sticks.

She doesn't have that much meat in her diet so I can't comment on whether she sleeps better or not when she has had meat.

:) x

We all eat at 5.30/6pm then Alex has a bath and feeds to sleep by 7/7.30pm. He is BLW and just eats what we have for our evening meal. He sleeps best after carbohydrate filled meals like pasta or potato. x

5ish on days I don't work and 6ish on days I do. She goes to bed sometime between 7:30-8:30 and for us solids have no impact on when she wakes at night, nor do feeding times, or what she eats. I thought they were for a bit, but she pretty much wakes at her regular times (between 1-3 am and or 4-5am) for boob.
She generally eats a mix of things like potato, small amounts of meat/egg/rice, veg, fruit, maybe some pasta. We do BLW, but I make her her own food so I can just get it and give it when she's hungry.

He eats solids three times a day at 10am, 1pm and 5pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->